Are you fascinated by other cultures and how they are affected by globalization? Do you want to really understand a particular area from a wide range of perspectives, and apply this knowledge in your future career? Then International Studies is for you!
Why study International Studies?
The Bachelor's in International Studies is a 3-year English-taught programme that offers you the opportunity to study the issues and effects of globalisation by focusing on one of eight world regions. You develop expertise ranging from proficiency in one of your chosen region's languages to an in-depth understanding of its culture, history, politics and economy. Unique to any Humanities programme, this BA integrates real hands-on experience of working with organisations and businesses into its curriculum.
Why International Studies at Leiden University?
- Study in The Hague, the centre of international politics and policy-making in the Netherlands.
- Choose to specialise in one of eight world regions.
- Learn a language from your chosen region.
- Develop a global mindset in an international classroom.
- Benefit from the strong career focus that is integrated into this programme, including the culminating PRINS consultancy course.
- Study at a top-ranking university: in 2017 the Guardian QS World University Rankings placed Leiden #26 in the world, #7 in Europe and #1 in the Netherlands in political and International Studies.
Is this the programme for you?
International Studies offers a unique mix of multidisciplinary perspectives - history, culture, economics, politics – of a particular world region, and the language, academic, and practical skills to solve complex issues arising from globalization.
- Do you pay close attention to world news?
- Do you look for connections between the world and regional events and their impact on local populations?
- Do you want to develop professional skills and hands-on experience working with real global organizations?
Then International Studies is for you!
About the School
Are you curious, critical and involved in the world around you? At Leiden University, the oldest university in the Netherlands, you can make a valuable contribution to tackling the various national an ... Read More