Mode of Attendance: Full-time
Students who receive credit exemptions can complete the degree in a shorter period of time.
This programme enables students to gain a strong grounding in business management theories, as well as draw on SOAS’s expert knowledge of the historical and cultural context of Southeast Asia. In addition to developing a critical, analytical understanding of the region, students gain significant knowledge and skills (including one SEA language skill) which will boost their qualifications for finding employment, or further study for a higher degree.
The degree is awarded by SOAS University of London but is taught at the Ngee Ann Academy, Singapore.
- Introduction to South East Asia (15 credits)
- South-East Asia on Film (15 credits)
- Principles of Management (30 credits)
- Principles and Management of Marketing (15 credits)
- Introduction to Accounting (15 credits)
- Compulsory Language Module choose 30 credits of a South-East Asian language (Thai or Bahasa Indonesia)
- Cultural Studies of Mainland South East Asia (15 credits)
- Cultural Studies of Island South-East Asia (15 credits)
- International marketing 1: the environment (15 credits)
- Qualitative and Case Study Research (15 credits)
- International Relations of East Asia (30 credits)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (30 credits)
- Corporate Governance (15 credits)
- International Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Southeast Asian Government and Politics (30 credits)
- Economic development of South East Asia (30 credits)
- Independent study project in international management (30 credits)
The information on the programme page reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session.
Admissions and Applications
Applications are made directly to Ngee Ann Academy.
You must be 17 years or older at time of registration with the University; and Satisfy course requirements in English; and have three approved *GCE ‘A’/H2 level subjects that are at least grades B, C, C; or an International Baccalaureate Diploma of 28 points overall; or Polytechnic diplomas with a Grade Point Average of ≥ 2.6. Exemptions will be assessed upon application.
General Entrance Requirements for admission into Year 1:
- 17 years or older at time of registration with the University; and
- Satisfy course requirements in English; and
- Three approved *GCE ‘A’/H2 level subjects that are at least grades B, C, C; or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma of 28 points overall or
- Polytechnic diplomas with a Grade Point Average of ≥ 2.6. Exemptions will be assessed upon application.
General Entrance Requirements for admission into Year 2:
- Polytechnic Business and Management related diplomas with a Grade Point Average of >2.6
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be assessed on a case by case basis.
English Language Entry Requirements
GCE O Level – C5 or better in English, or an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band/skill or equivalent score in another recognised test if they obtained their qualification from countries where English is not the standard medium of instruction and/or their first language.
About the School
SOAS University of London welcomes the brightest minds to study on its central London campus with like-minded individuals who feel passionately about contemporary world issues.