- Venue: Ngee Ann Academy, Singapore
- Start of programme: 3 Intakes: January, May, September
- Mode of Attendance: Full-time
This programme enables students to gain a strong grounding in business management theories, as well as draw on SOAS’s expert knowledge of the historical and cultural context of Southeast Asia. In addition to developing a critical, analytical understanding of the region, students gain significant knowledge and skills (including one SEA language skill) which will boost their qualifications for finding employment, or further study for a higher degree.
The degree is awarded by SOAS University of London but is taught at the Ngee Ann Academy, Singapore.
- Introduction to South East Asia (15 credits)
- South East Asia on Film (15 credits)
- Principles of Management (30 credits)
- Principles and Management of Marketing (15 credits)
- Introduction to Accounting (15 credits)
- Compulsory Language Module choose 30 credits of a South East Asian language (Thai or Bahasa Indonesia)
- Cultural Studies of Mainland South East Asia (15 credits)
- Cultural Studies of Island South East Asia (15 credits)
- International marketing 1: the environment (15 credits)
- Qualitative and Case Study Research (15 credits)
- International Relations of East Asia (30 credits)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (30 credits)
- Corporate Governance (15 credits)
- International Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Southeast Asian Government and Politics (30 credits)
- Economic development of South East Asia (30 credits)
- Independent study project in international management (30 credits)
The information on the programme page reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching & Learning
Learning support and online student resources: SOAS Online Student Services allows students to enrol online, retrieve their exam results and various other SOAS Services.
Students can sign in using their SOAS Student ID and password. This is the same password that students will use for SOAS Student Email access, Course Sign-up and most other SOAS Services.
Students will be taught by staff from the School of Finance and Management at SOAS.
On undergraduate programmes, work is assessed through a combination of examination and coursework. The coursework may take the form of an essay, project or a presentation. The ratio of exam: coursework varies from course to course and students are advised to consult the course handbook for further details.
Access to Results:
Students can access their results through the SOAS Online Student Services using their SOAS Student ID and password.
Academic Appeal Policy and Process:
The University publishes degree regulations each academic session for the next academic session. These are the regulations, policies and procedures that govern SOAS’s degrees. Cohorts would be governed by the regulations that come into force for their year of enrolment. These regulations include the University’s procedure for appealing degree outcomes.
Award & Graduation:
Students who successfully complete all academic requirements of the programme will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts International Management and South East Asian Studies by SOAS University of London.
Graduating students have a choice to attend the SOAS Graduation ceremonies in Singapore or in London.
Fees and funding
These fees are for the whole 36-month programme which is taught at the Ngee Ann Academy in Singapore. They are stated in Singaporean Dollars (S$)
Fees for 2019/20 entrants. The above fees are subject to prevailing GST, unless otherwise stated.
We have a wide range of scholarships and awards to support students on our degree programmes.
There is a competitive application process for these scholarships and awards – based on academic merit. And their focus can range from supporting students from specific countries or a group of countries, to particular degrees or areas of research.
We also offer a number of bursaries based on financial need at the undergraduate level.
How to apply
Applications are made directly to Ngee Ann Academy:
- Complete our enquiry form
- International Students:
- Step 1: Identify Course Options
- Step 2: Submit Application
- Step 3: Pay Application Fee
- Step 4: Assessment and Outcome
- Step 5: Student Pass Application
- Step 6: Payment of First Instalment
- Step 7: Arrival in Singapore
- Download the Application Form
General Entrance Requirements for admission into Year 1:
- 17 years or older at time of registration with the University; AND
- Satisfy course requirements in English; AND
- Three approved *GCE ‘A’/H2 level subjects that are at least grades B, C, C; OR
- International Baccalaureate Diploma of 28 points overall
- Completed Foundation Programme with an average of 60% overall (eg. University of London, International Foundation Certificate)
General Entrance Requirements for admission into Year 2:
- Polytechnic Business and Management related diplomas with a Grade Point Average of >2.6
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be assessed on a case by case basis.
English Language Requirements
GCE O Level – C5 or better in English, or an IELTS overall score of at least 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band/skill or equivalent score in another recognised test if they obtained their qualification from countries where English is not the standard medium of instruction and/or their first language.