With China’s growing presence in international markets and its rising influence on global economics, a sound knowledge of international business issues is becoming increasingly important for university graduates seeking roles in both international and Chinese organisations. The BA International Business with a Language programme aims to enhance your employability by equipping you with:
- a broad and comprehensive knowledge of international business issues
- knowledge of functional areas of business and management in an international context
- communication skills in both English and an additional language (Chinese, Spanish or Japanese)
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System）in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
AACSB accreditation is a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation.
The EQUIS accreditation is a quality certification system for business schools set up by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). It has become the most global authoritive and select business school certification body in the world with its comprehensive and rigorous review process. IBSS becomes the youngest business school in the world to have received both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. There are only less than 100 business schools that have received both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. This is an important milestone in becoming a world class business school and highlights the strength and significant influence of IBSS at the international level.
Why Should I Study International Business with a Language at XJLTU?
- Undertake internships at, and field trips to, Fortune 500 multinational companies within Suzhou Industrial Park and the greater Yangtze River region
- Study a curriculum that combines traditional business theories with a broader theoretical and practical knowledge of other key success factors influencing business in an international context
- Gain new language skills
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA International Business with a Language programme, you will be able to:
- understand the key principles of doing international business
- understand the complexities of the international business environment
- reflect critically on the operation and strategies of international businesses
- communicate effectively in English, as well as in Chinese, Spanish or Japanese
- demonstrate a broad and comprehensive knowledge of international business issues and the relatedness and interaction of many functional areas of business and management in an international context
- demonstrate skills, competencies and understanding required to operate appropriately, ethically, productively and with confidence when managing businesses in the international arena, especially in countries where the language of study is spoken.
Most students start their studies in Year One, where they take a range of interesting content and language modules to equip them with the core skills they need in the later years of their degree. These skills include a basic level of ability in their chosen additional language. However, some students are able to enter directly into Year Two of this programme, if they possess appropriate qualifications.
There is a growing need for multilingual graduates with international business knowledge and experience. The BA International Business with a Language programme gives students the theoretical knowledge and the practical business and language skills needed to succeed in today's workplace. In addition, internship opportunities in multinational organisations make students from this programme ideally positioned to meet the demand for staff who can respond to the dynamic and volatile international business environment we see today.
Entry into Year One
We welcome applications from high-quality candidates in all subjects with appropriate high school or equivalent qualifications. Students will normally be expected to have a high standing in their high school performance with a minimum ‘B’ average in all subjects as well as relevant subjects.
Entry into Year Two
Students who have completed A-levels or International Baccalaureate (or equivalent) will be considered for entry into Year Two, different programmes have different subject-relevant requirements.
- A-level: BBB
- IB Diploma: 30 points
- Advanced Placement Tests/Subject SATS--High school diploma with a GPA of 3.0 or above, plus:
- Redesigned SAT: 1280+ (students that took the SATs previous to 2016 will require 1800+) or ACT: 27, and 2 AP examinations: 4+ or 2 SAT subject tests: 600+ or