Our award-winning marketing courses have a reputation for teaching excellence. Based on our flourishing Business School you will benefit from the support of leading academics who will teach you to think critically about marketing practice in a 21st-century context. You will graduate as an independent marketing professional, primed with a suite of high-level marketing skills, coupled with the experience and confidence to flourish.
There has never been a more exciting time to be a marketing practitioner; as digital and social media merge with traditional communication methods, changing the way businesses operate. Our degree is a stepping stone to an exciting career across a range of disciplines, including branding, customer relationship marketing, international marketing, advertising, public relations, sales and events management.
Why Study BA Honours Marketing?
Middlesex University Dubai provides students with the opportunity to achieve an Honours degree in Marketing in three years. A specialist degree in Marketing will provide you with skills that marketing professionals require to manage and market products and services effectively, and meet customer needs, within a globalised and competitive business landscape. The programme is structured to enable students to develop a range of theoretical and practical marketing skills, including; market research, product and service development, (international) marketing strategy, e-marketing, branding, relationship management and promotion. Such knowledge and skills are required to be effective within a professional context. As you are aware, effective marketing is essential to every successful organisation. Our specialist degree trains you to become a professional who can confidently lead and develop innovative marketing campaigns within a globalised business environment.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Middlesex University has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications through their Graduate Gateway programme. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and Graduate Gateway alongside our own degrees, ensures we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
The course is designed to expand knowledge in three pivotal areas of marketing: the behaviour of consumers, marketing research and the management of brands.
In Year 1; you will study Marketing Theory and Practice, Market Intelligence, Personal and Professional Development and the Financial Aspects of Business.
In Year 2 you will focus on Brand Management, Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Research and Entrepreneurship and Small Business Marketing.
In Year 3 you will study three compulsory modules in Marketing Strategy and Planning, E-Marketing and Social Media and International Marketing designed to advance your skills and knowledge to propel your career. You will also be able to choose one option from a wider list of specialist marketing modules including Direct and Customer Relationship Marketing, Creative Advertising and Promotion and Services Marketing Management.
Module and programme information is indicative and may be subject to change.
Note: Both core and optional modules are constantly updated and under review. As with most academic programmes, please remember that it is possible that a module may not be offered in any particular year, for instance, because too few students opt for it. Middlesex University reserves the right to vary or withdraw any course or module.
- Marketing Tools and Analysis (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Finance (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Creativity and Communication (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Consumer Behaviour (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Theory and Practice (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Content Marketing and Media Editing (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Digital Marketing (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Research and Insights (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Brand Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Advertising and Sales Promotion (15 Credits) - Optional
- Entrepreneurial Marketing (15 Credits) - Optional
- Customer Engagement Marketing (15 Credits) - Optional
- New Product Development and Innovation (15 Credits) - Optional
- Global and Cross-cultural Marketing (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Services Marketing Management (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Strategy and Planning (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Consultancy Project (15 Credits) - Optional
- Digital Campaign Planning and Analytics (15 Credits) - Optional
- Fashion Marketing (15 Credits) - Optional
- New Venture Creation (15 Credits) - Optional
- Public Relations and Corporate Reputation (15 Credits) - Optional
- Social Media and Viral Marketing (15 Credits) - Optional
- Marketing Internship (30 Credits) - Optional
Lukas / Pexels
Classes are held at our Dubai Knowledge Park campus Sunday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 6:30 pm. Additional sessions may be scheduled over the weekend or holiday periods and you should expect to receive notice of these in advance.
You will be actively involved in a range of learning, teaching and assessment approach as part of your programme. These approaches ensure that you are involved and engaged by placing you at the centre of your own learning. You will be required to actively participate in learning activities and engagement with your fellow students, both individually and collaboratively. Faculty increasingly use existing and emerging technologies and your programme will be facilitated using a variety of media and online tools (My Learning on UniHub, podcasts, wikis, etc.) which will allow you access to a diverse range of online resources and learning materials. By engaging in e-learning you will also be developing skills of which are essential for your learning and highly valued by employers. Such skills including flexibility, communication, IT skills and teamwork.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following international qualifications are normally considered for admission:
Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)*** (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
Indian Secondary School Certificates
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All-State Boards may be considered: minimum grade of 60% overall.
- Minimum two, maximum of three subjects, with grades of B, B, C (three subjects) or with A*, A* (two subjects)
- You must have passed the full IB Diploma. In some cases, applicants will also need to have studied certain subjects at Standard or Higher Level. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact us for support.
- Students who have completed their GCSEs are eligible to join our International Foundation Programme – a one year programme to prepare students for entry onto our Undergraduate Programmes. Please note that students must meet the British AS and A Level entry requirements in order to gain entry into the First Year of any one of our Undergraduate Programmes.
UAE’s General Secondary Education Certificate Examination
- UAE’s General Secondary Education Certificate Examination Grade 12 (Tawjihiya) plus successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)*** or equivalent programmes
Pakistani National Curriculum
- Completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university / college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the Middlesex University’s International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
Iranian Pre-University Certificate
- A minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate
- Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
West African GCE
- Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
American High School Diploma
- Students with American High School Diploma are eligible to join our Foundation programme. However, if you have passed the American High School Diploma with the university required GPA and SAT or ACT or AP Scores you may be eligible for direct entry into Year 1 of the undergraduate programme. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact us for support.
BTEC Level 3
- BTEC Level 3 qualifications***** (suite of qualifications known as Nationals) may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme
- ***** BTEC qualifications (QCF) (suite of qualifications known as Nationals) are acceptable both on their own and in combination with other qualifications. Applicants are expected to have studied for the Diploma or Extended Diploma. The Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma and 90 Credit Diploma are expected to be studied in combination to equal that of at least the Diploma (for example, the Subsidiary Diploma would need to be offered in combination with either a Diploma or two GCE A levels).
Note: *** International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a one year programme to prepare students for entry to Undergraduate programmes
This list shows only a selection of qualifications. If your high school system does not appear here, please contact our Admissions Office and we will be able to advise you further.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each band)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 72 (17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
- PearsonPTE Academic: 51
- PearsonPTE General: Level 3
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- GCSE/IGCSE/O-Level English (as a first or second language): Grade C or Higher
- CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: Minimum grade of 70% in English
- International Baccalaureate: Minimum grade 4 in English A1 (Standard or Higher Level) in IB OR a minimum of grade 5 in English B (Higher Level)
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum (WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE): Minimum grade “C6“
Future Careers and Employability
Our BA Honours Marketing degree prepares you for a wide range of marketing careers or for further study at postgraduate level. A marketing degree opens up a range of career opportunities in all aspects of marketing including; marketing research, product development, brand management, integrated marketing communications and retailing.
About the School
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research. Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally re ... Read More