Introduction to the Programme
In this programme, you will study within a truly international Business School with the support of expert tutors who bring extensive international experience drawn from across the business disciplines. Our degree is focused on global strategy, cultural communication and intercultural ethics and through studying a broad range of modules you will learn the fundamentals of marketing, human resource management, economics, operations management and accounting. You will also develop the professional communication skills required to succeed in a fast-paced international business environment.
Why Study BA Honours International Business?
Middlesex University Dubai provides students with the opportunity to achieve an Honours degree in International Business in three years. A degree in International Business will provide you with an understanding of the complexities and challenges across a broad range of managerial processes that impact organisations, as they strive to gain the advantage in a globalised and competitive business landscape. The programme is structured to enable students to develop a range of theoretical and practical skills, within an international business context, including; financial and operations management, (international) strategy development, marketing and people management. Such skills are necessary to be effective within a professional context. In today’s economy, the parameters of business are global and not confined to location; therefore our innovative degree allows you to shape your studies towards your career ambitions and build the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to be a successful business manager, in a global marketplace, across a wide range of industries.
Your studies will be focused on a progressively international business syllabus. Through tailored modules, you will gain specialist knowledge in international trade and ethics and explore the challenges associated with taking a business to the global market. In addition, you will cover the fundamentals of business finance which are essential to making effective decisions in a globalised environment.
You will develop a suite of transferable skills which are essential for business professionals, including: communication, critical thinking, team-working, numerical and information technology skills.
You will also gain effective communication skills through in-class presentations, optional real-life consulting projects and writing reports that focus on the globalised environment.
Module and programme information is indicative and may be subject to change.
Note: Both core and optional modules are constantly updated and under review. As with most academic programmes, please remember that it is possible that a module may not be offered in any particular year, for instance, because too few students opt for it. Middlesex University reserves the right to vary or withdraw any course or module.
- People Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Principles of International Business Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Theory and Practice (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Quantitative Methods for Business (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Financial Concepts of Business (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Global Organisations (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- International Human Resource Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Operations and Information Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- International Business Environment (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Accounting and Finance for Business (30 Credits) - Optional
- International Business Law (30 Credits) - Optional
- International Entrepreneurship (30 Credits) - Optional
- Trade and International Business (30 Credits) - Optional
- Professional Communication (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- International Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- International Business Strategy (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Business Analytics (15 Credits) - Optional
- Financial Decisions for Business (15 Credits) - Optional
- Emerging Markets (15 Credits) - Optional
- Business Ethics (15 Credits) - Optional
- Sustainable Business (15 Credits) - Optional
- Leadership (15 Credits) - Optional
- Work Internship (30 Credits) - Optional
- Consulting to Organisations (30 Credits) - Optional
- Innovation Management (30 Credits) - Optional
- Research Project (30 Credits) - Optional
- International and Cross-Cultural Marketing (30 Credits) - Optional
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (30 Credits) - Optional
- Global Supply Chain Management (30 Credits) - Optional
Classes are held at our Dubai Knowledge Park campus Sunday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 6:30 pm. Additional sessions may be scheduled over the weekend or holiday periods and you should expect to receive notice of these in advance.
You will be actively involved in a range of learning, teaching and assessment approach as part of your programme. These approaches ensure that you are involved and engaged by placing you at the centre of your own learning. You will be required to actively participate in learning activities and engagement with your fellow students, both individually and collaboratively. Faculty increasingly use existing and emerging technologies and your programme will be facilitated using a variety of media and online tools (My Learning on UniHub, podcasts, wikis, etc.) which will allow you access to a diverse range of online resources and learning materials. By engaging in e-learning you will also be developing skills of which are essential for your learning and highly valued by employers. Such skills including flexibility, communication, IT skills and teamwork.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following international qualifications are normally considered for admission:
Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)*** (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
Indian Secondary School Certificates
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All-State Boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55% overall
- Minimum two, maximum three subjects, with grades of C, C, C (three subjects) or with A*, B (two subjects) or A, A
- You must have passed the full IB Diploma. In some cases, applicants will also need to have studied certain subjects at Standard or Higher Level. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact us for support.
- Students who have completed their GCSEs are eligible to join our International Foundation Programme – a one year programme to prepare students for entry onto our Undergraduate Programmes. Please note that students must meet the British AS and A Level entry requirements in order to gain entry into the First Year of any one of our Undergraduate Programmes.
UAE’s General Secondary Education Certificate Examination
- UAE’s General Secondary Education Certificate Examination Grade 12 (Tawjihiya) plus successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)*** or equivalent programmes
Pakistani National Curriculum
- Completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university / college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the Middlesex University’s International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
Iranian Pre-University Certificate
- The minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate
- Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
West African GCE
- Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
American High School Diploma
- Students with American High School Diploma are eligible to join our Foundation programme. However, if you have passed the American High School Diploma with the university required GPA and SAT or ACT or AP Scores you may be eligible for direct entry into Year 1 of the undergraduate programme. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact us for support.
BTEC Level 3
- BTEC Level 3 qualifications***** (suite of qualifications known as Nationals) may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme
- ***** BTEC qualifications (QCF) (suite of qualifications known as Nationals) are acceptable both on their own and in combination with other qualifications. Applicants are expected to have studied for the Diploma or Extended Diploma. The Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma and 90 Credit Diploma are expected to be studied in combination to equal that of at least the Diploma (for example, the Subsidiary Diploma would need to be offered in combination with either a Diploma or two GCE A levels).
Note: *** International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a one year programme to prepare students for entry to Undergraduate programmes
This list shows only a selection of qualifications. If your high school system does not appear here, please contact our Admissions Office email@example.com and we will be able to advise you further.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each band)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 72 (17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
- PearsonPTE Academic: 51
- PearsonPTE General: Level 3
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- GCSE/IGCSE/O-Level English (as a first or second language): Grade C or Higher
- CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: Minimum grade of 70% in English
- International Baccalaureate: Minimum grade 4 in English A1 (Standard or Higher Level) in IB OR a minimum of grade 5 in English B (Higher Level)
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum (WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE): Minimum grade "C6"
Future Careers and Employability
Graduates will be well prepared for a satisfying and rewarding career with internationally oriented trade and investment organisations or within the public and private sectors; in management, strategic planning, research, corporate/government relations and public relations. Common job titles include International Trade Specialist, Import/Export Agent, Foreign Relations Advisor, Foreign Sales Representative and International Management Consultant. Frequent employers include banks, import/export corporations, multinational manufacturers, consulting firms, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), electronics companies and transportation industries like shipping and airlines.
About the School
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research. Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally re ... Read More