Introduction to the Programme
This programme is tailored towards ambitious students who are keen to apply theory to practice in a business environment; you will learn how organisations operate from developing strategies to management styles. Supported by expert tutors who bring professional experience to their teaching practices, you will study the key functions that underpin business success. The career options are broad within our Business Management degree and you will be well prepared to enter corporate, governmental and third sector organisations or even start your own business.
We offer seven exciting pathways at the Dubai campus so you can specialise your studies towards your career ambitions. After the shared first year, you can select from: Business Management (general), Finance, Human Resources or Marketing.
Why Study BA Honours Business Management?
Middlesex University Dubai provides students with the opportunity to achieve an Honours degree in Business Management in three years. A degree in Business Management will provide you with an understanding of the complexities and challenges across a broad range of managerial processes, which impact organisations as they strive to gain the advantage in a globalised and competitive business landscape. The programme is structured to enable students to develop a range of theoretical and practical skills in key areas of business management including; finance, marketing, operations, people management, leadership and strategy. Such knowledge and skills are required to be effective within a professional context. Therefore, our degree allows you to shape your studies towards your career ambitions and build the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to be a successful business manager in a wide range of industries.
You will develop key business knowledge, skills and experience in order to excel in a management career. Companies and organisations require graduates who have expert business knowledge and can also demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills; with the professional acumen to deal with challenges in a fast-paced corporate world.
You will study the operations of organisations: their functions, structure and management and the models and techniques used to achieve successful results. In Year 1 you will complete four compulsory modules that will develop essential skills and knowledge in business management. In Year 2 and Year 3 you will take one of our specialist pathways, choosing from Business Management (direct route), Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Innovation or Project Management. You will learn to work effectively in teams and be able to present and communicate business management ideas with confidence. This programme provides an excellent foundation for setting up and running your own business. We also ensure you develop specialist knowledge in:
You will learn to work effectively in teams and be able to present and communicate business management ideas with confidence. We also ensure you develop specialist knowledge in:
- Stakeholders: their expectations and behaviour
- The environment of business and its impact on strategy
- Design, production and distribution of products and services
- Business resources: acquisition, application and control
- Business process: planning, improvement and control
Module and programme information is indicative and may be subject to change.
Note: Both core and optional modules are constantly updated and under review. As with most academic programmes, please remember that it is possible that a module may not be offered in any particular year, for instance, because too few students opt for it. Middlesex University reserves the right to vary or withdraw any course or module.
- People Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Management Concepts (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Theory and Practice (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Quantitative Methods for Business (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Financial Concepts of Business (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Organisational Behaviour (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Principles of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Management Information Systems (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Business Environment (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Operations Management (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Marketing Research and Insights (30 Credits) - Optional
- Accounting and Finance for Business (30 Credits) - Optional
- Trade and International Business (30 Credits) - Optional
- Business Law (30 Credits) - Optional
- Human Resource Management in Practice (30 Credits) - Optional
- Professional Communication (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Workforce Management (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Strategic Management (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Global Supply Chain Management (30 Credits) - Optional
- Business Analytics (15 Credits) - Optional
- Organisational Change (15 Credits) - Optional
- Entrepreneurial Finance (15 Credits) - Optional
- Business Game (30 Credits) - Optional
- Strategic Management Accounting (15 Credits) - Optional
- Services Marketing Management (15 Credits) - Optional
- Sustainable Business (15 Credits) - Optional
- Business Ethics (15 Credits) - Optional
- Coaching and Mentoring (15 Credits) - Optional
- Leadership (15 Credits) - Optional
- Work Internship (30 Credits) - Optional
- Principles of Project Management (30 Credits) - Optional
- Research Project (30 Credits) - Optional
- Business Startup (30 Credits) - Optional
- Innovation Management (30 Credits) - Optional
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (30 Credits) - Optional
Classes are held at our Dubai Knowledge Park campus Sunday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 6:30 pm. Additional sessions may be scheduled over the weekend or holiday periods and you should expect to receive notice of these in advance.
You will be actively involved in a range of learning, teaching and assessment approach as part of your programme. These approaches ensure that you are involved and engaged by placing you at the centre of your own learning. You will be required to actively participate in learning activities and engagement with your fellow students, both individually and collaboratively. Faculty increasingly use existing and emerging technologies and your programme will be facilitated using a variety of media and online tools (My Learning on UniHub, podcasts, wikis, etc.) which will allow you access to a diverse range of online resources and learning materials. By engaging in e-learning you will also be developing skills of which are essential for your learning and highly valued by employers. Such skills including flexibility, communication, IT skills and teamwork.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following international qualifications are normally considered for admission:
Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)*** (equivalent programmes from other Universities/Colleges/Institutes will be considered).
Indian Secondary School Certificates
- Indian Secondary School Certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All-State Boards may be considered: minimum grade of 60% overall.
- Minimum two, maximum of three subjects, with grades of B, B, C (three subjects) or with A*, A* (two subjects)
- You must have passed the full IB Diploma. In some cases, applicants will also need to have studied certain subjects at Standard or Higher Level. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact us for support.
- Students who have completed their GCSEs are eligible to join our International Foundation Programme – a one year programme to prepare students for entry onto our Undergraduate Programmes. Please note that students must meet the British AS and A Level entry requirements in order to gain entry into the First Year of any one of our Undergraduate Programmes.
UAE’s General Secondary Education Certificate Examination
- UAE’s General Secondary Education Certificate Examination Grade 12 (Tawjihiya) plus successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (IFP)*** or equivalent programmes
Pakistani National Curriculum
- Completion of Year 1 at a recognised post-secondary institution (university / college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the Middlesex University’s International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
Iranian Pre-University Certificate
- A minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate
- Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- National Curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
West African GCE
- Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)***
American High School Diploma
- Students with American High School Diploma are eligible to join our Foundation programme. However, if you have passed the American High School Diploma with the university required GPA and SAT or ACT or AP Scores you may be eligible for direct entry into Year 1 of the undergraduate programme. If you are unsure about the suitability of your qualifications or would like help with your application, please contact us for support.
BTEC Level 3
- BTEC Level 3 qualifications***** (suite of qualifications known as Nationals) may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme
- ***** BTEC qualifications (QCF) (suite of qualifications known as Nationals) are acceptable both on their own and in combination with other qualifications. Applicants are expected to have studied for the Diploma or Extended Diploma. The Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma and 90 Credit Diploma are expected to be studied in combination to equal that of at least the Diploma (for example, the Subsidiary Diploma would need to be offered in combination with either a Diploma or two GCE A levels).
Note: *** International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a one year programme to prepare students for entry to Undergraduate programmes
This list shows only a selection of qualifications. If your high school system does not appear here, please contact our Admissions Office and we will be able to advise you further.
English Language Requirements (Undergraduate)
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each band)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 72 (17 in listening & writing, 20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
- PearsonPTE Academic: 51
- PearsonPTE General: Level 3
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- GCSE/IGCSE/O-Level English (as a first or second language): Grade C or Higher
- CBSE/ISC boards/NIOS/All state boards: Minimum grade of 70% in English
- International Baccalaureate: Minimum grade 4 in English A1 (Standard or Higher Level) in IB OR a minimum of grade 5 in English B (Higher Level)
- West African/Nigerian Curriculum (WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE): Minimum grade “C6“
Future Careers and Employability
Graduates of the programme may find employment within a wide range of sectors including accountancy, advertising, brand management, banking & investment, e-marketing, entrepreneurship, financial services, general management, human resources, management consultancy, marketing, sales, operations, public relations, product development, product management, retail management, service management and strategic management.
About the School
Middlesex University is a dynamic university with a reputation for innovation and excellence in teaching and research. Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally re ... Read More