Bachelor Degree Film Motion Design
Frame by frame to your destination: the study for film professionals of tomorrow
A good camera work and the professional handling of light and sound technology are no longer enough today to produce a good film. Animation, 3-D modeling and motion design are now indispensable digital techniques in the modern film industry. Our way of communicating, thinking and feeling is shaped by digital, interactive and time-based media. Being able to develop and design these professionally is one of the most exciting and forward-looking activities. In Motion Design you are part of these innovative developments.
In the bachelor program Film Motion Design you will learn only from renowned lecturers from the creative industry and can use the professional equipment of the University of Applied Sciences Europe including Green Screen Studio, VR Equipment, Animation Studio, etc. for your study projects. The focus of our teaching is your individual support in small learning groups and a friendly, familiar and creative atmosphere. Through our interdisciplinary selection of subjects, a variety of practical projects and through a semester abroad or internships, you can actively shape your studies and your career path.
With a future-oriented, accredited Bachelor's degree in Film Motion Design, we at the University of Applied Sciences Europe offer you the opportunity to fully develop your artistic potential in a personal environment. Study in seven project-oriented semesters at the University of Applied Sciences in Germany, which was the first film to offer motion design as a degree course and offers a broad spectrum of optional courses.
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Campus: Berlin and Hamburg
- Language of instruction: German
- Beginning of the semester:
- Winter semester: September
- Summer semester: March
- Duration of study: 7 semesters (full time)
- Internship / semester abroad: in the 4th semester.
- Credit Points: 210 ECTS
- Focus of study:
- Focus on individual support in small learning groups and a family atmosphere. Many creative freedom, professional equipment and practical projects. Teaching by renowned lecturers from the creative industry.
- Study Fees:
- For EU applicants: € 7,980 annually
- For non-EU applicants: € 10,380 annually
The special thing about studying at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe , you will study in small classes, allowing for individual development of your talent and personal contact with teachers. Our professors and lecturers are experienced experts from the private sector and bring their networks in the industry into the study.
Through our large selection of subjects you can co-determine the contents of the study and expand thematically. The practice-oriented approach of our university means a modern equipment such as Green Screen Studio
We are a private, state-recognized and awarded university - And our professors and students are in no way inferior. So we can offer NC-free degree programs.
Contents of study - semester abroad, internships and more
In the predominantly project-oriented study, in addition to basic design skills and dealing with current media technologies, above all skills for format-specific conception and realization of moving images are imparted. In the design basics, you deal with many facets of moving image design: image design, storytelling, camera and lighting, VR motion design, 2D and 3D animation and much more
In practice-oriented seminars and through the interdisciplinary and international concept of the university, you will be optimally prepared for this step into the media industry, in which both the creative skills and the network count. During the course of study, a comprehensive portfolio is created, which includes projects with partners from culture, research and industry.
Study film motion design and make a career
Under the focus of time-based design, the film Motion Design Studies prepares you for a variety of current and future professions in the fields of film, animation, design, scenography and media art. Their job opportunities are as diverse as the media landscape itself.
After graduation, your varied interdisciplinary skills will be in demand as a motion designer, digital designer or film designer - working as a freelancer for agencies, television broadcasters, film or game productions, the entertainment industry, fine art, advertising or knowledge transfer, in the media staging of museums, fairs, theater and event stages.
Application for the art department Art
Film Motion Design, Photography, Communication Design, Game Design or Illustration - Which course of study fits your talents? We appreciate your interest in undergraduate courses at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
You can apply one year in advance for the desired semester start at our university. The application deadline for the winter semester is August 15 (non-EU applicants: June 15) and for the summer semester February 28 (non-EU applicants: February 28) . Following this, there is a follow-up procedure for unrecognized study places. If you already have a valid student visa for Germany, you can apply within the official application deadline.
Admission criteria for a study place at the University of Applied Sciences Europe are the university entrance qualification and the results of the entrance examination. A recording is also possible if the criteria of §11 in the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG) are met.
By the way: You can also take the entrance exam without a high school diploma and one year before your planned start of studies. This will give you the certainty of whether or not you can study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
We look forward to receiving your application for the summer and winter semester 2019 and beyond.
The basic admission requirement for the bachelor's degree program at the University of Applied Sciences Europe is the (technical) higher education entrance qualification you have achieved with a high school diploma. Anyone who has completed at least two years of vocational training regulated by federal or state law and has worked for at least two years (each in a field similar to the intended course) has an immediate subject-specific university entrance qualification (BerlHG § 11) and can also attend the University of Applied Sciences Europe Study University of Applied Sciences Europe .
We will examine your requirements and inform you immediately after submission of the documents whether you can be admitted to the studies.
Benefits in programs of study at other state or state recognized higher education institutions as well as extra-curricular achievements are recognized on application, provided that their equivalence with the achievements in the respective study course is established. Equivalence shall be established where no material difference can be demonstrated and the performance in terms of content, scope and requirements of the study program for which credit is requested is substantially the same. Responsible for this is the examination board. The concrete conditions for crediting and the exact procedure for this are regulated in the relevant examination regulations for the study program.
So you apply
- Please complete our online application form completely.
- Upload a copy of your (Fach-) Abitur certificate or equivalent.
- After reviewing your records, we can assess if you qualify for a degree from the University of Applied Sciences Europe . If so, we will invite you to your entrance exam. Please make sure we have your valid phone number and can reach you about it. Of course, your data will be treated confidentially and will not be passed on to us.
- For the entrance exam at our university, please bring your own portfolio and a certificate of general or subject-specific university entrance qualification in original or in certified photocopies.
How is the recording interview going?
- Please bring along for the admission interview:
- Tabular CV
- Certificate of General or Subject-Specific University Degree in Certified Photocopies. Admission is also possible if the criteria of § 11 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG) are met.
- Portfolio with own artistic-creative works. This should contain 15-20 working examples (exception Game Design (BA), three to five concepts). The following are possible: drawings, paintings, sketchbooks, photos, computer graphics, websites, CD-ROMs, short films, but also text-oriented works such as: B. Concepts for advertising campaigns or articles. Larger sculptural works and three-dimensional objects can also be documented as photos or in digital form. The folder must be accompanied by a written statement that the work was done independently. In the case of Game Design concepts for analog or digital games and also prototypes can be shown (Gameplay, Game Art, Story).
- Possibly. Proof of own social commitment, eg. For example, projects in which you are involved.
- Your conversation with representatives of the kind
- First, you will be asked about your motivation for a creative study.
- Afterwards your folder will be examined, in which about 15-20 work samples should be. Your portfolio and the results of the interview will decide on your admission to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
- Immediately after the interview, you will learn if you will be admitted to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .