The interdisciplinary BA English and International Business programme combines the subjects of English language and international business with the aim of producing graduates who have an excellent command of English and a critical awareness of the use of language in a business context.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU undergraduate programmes, will earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Why Should I Study English and International Business at XJLTU?
While options for the English side of the programme are fairly open, the most popular choices for our ENB cohorts tend to be modules which give them very useful insights into the language of specialist domains such as the business and finance world. As an ENB student you are in a strong position:
- You are an English major who has studied specialist Business/Finance modules for a substantial part of your degree.
- You can choose options in marketing, management and economics to develop and extend your knowledge of business-related management methods.
Meanwhile, your strengths in English language and linguistics provide deeper insights into the use of language across different domains
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA English and International Business programme, you will:
- be able to communicate professionally in English, using the language confidently in the context of international business and finance
- understand the functional aspects of international business such as international markets and ethical problems facing international organisations
- understand and be able to evaluate the application of international business theory within private, public, large and small business sectors.
directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
You will acquire intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills, in addition to strong language skills, which are highly valued by employers. BA English and International Business graduates typically pursue administrative and managerial positions in industry, business, the financial sector, local government and the civil service.
You may also be able to pursue a career as a professional translator or interpreter. Additionally, the programme provides a foundation for further graduate level study in the subjects of English language and international business.
Entry into Year One
We welcome applications from high-quality candidates in all subjects with appropriate high school or equivalent qualifications. Students will normally be expected to have a high standing in their high school performance with a minimum ‘B’ average in all subjects as well as relevant subjects.
Entry into Year Two
Students who have completed A-levels or International Baccalaureate (or equivalent) will be considered for entry into Year Two, different programmes have different subject-relevant requirements.
- A-level: BBB
- IB Diploma: 30 points
- Advanced Placement Tests/Subject SATS--High school diploma with a GPA of 3.0 or above, plus:
- Redesigned SAT: 1280+ (students that took the SATs previous to 2016 will require 1800+) or ACT: 27, and 2 AP examinations: 4+ or 2 SAT subject tests: 600+ or