BA Creative Brand Communications Degree
The BA in Creative Brand Communications develops creative thinking, problem-solving skills, concept development, and crafting of brand communication in a chosen core discipline. The programme also develops critical thinking skills and real-world insight into creative brand communication strategy. Throughout the degree students work in multi-disciplinary teams engaging in real-world brand challenges and industry briefs providing innovative solutions and strategic creative executions. Students graduate with an industry ready portfolio in copywriting, multimedia design or visual communication exhibited at the annual student showcase, followed by an internship.
Copywriting explores both style and substance in developing strong copywriting skills, covering the creative and conceptual writing and thinking skills required to produce meaningful concepts and messages for creative brand communication solutions considering brand contact points and a wide range of communication and media platforms (such as radio, TV, print, outdoor, ambient, online and social media)
Career Opportunities: Copywriter | Editor | Art Director | Social Media Marketer | Online Marketer | Creative Director
Visual Communication is a hybrid of art direction and graphic design; covering visual literacy and crafting skills such as photography, art direction such as film & narrative, identity design, typography, layout design, drawing and illustration, packaging and other forms of structural and tangible (3D) design. Students explore a wide range of media platforms including web, mobile and social media.
Career Opportunities: Graphic Designer | Illustrator | Art Director | Animator | Photographer | Graphic Artist | User Experience Designer | Information Designer | Experiential Designer | Social Media Marketer | Online Marketer | Creative Director
Multimedia Design explores a range of media through design and technical software training. Multimedia Design provides technical and creative skills such as photography and film, animation, motion graphics (such as video editing), sound editing, introduction to 3D animation and graphics, as well as web development and design, mobile app design, and social media content curation and design.
Career Opportunities: Motion Graphics Designer | 2D Animator | Web Designer | Web Developer | Graphic Artist | User Experience Designer | Social Media Marketer | Online Marketer | Experiential Designer
Key practical skills include: software training, photographic and art direction skills, core discipline crafting skills, multidisciplinary problem solving, collaboration and ideation skills, and continuous advancement through Lynda.com online tutorials.
- Creative Brand Communication
- Copywriting 1, or Multimedia Design 1 or Visual Communication 1
- Brand and Marketing 1
- Critical Thinking and Media Studies 1
- Creative Development 1
- Digital Media 1
- Copywriting 2, or Multimedia Design 2 or Visual Communication 2
- Brand and Marketing 2
- Critical Thinking and Media Studies 2
- Creative Development 2
- Digital Media 2
- Copywriting 3, or Multimedia Design 3 or Visual Communication 3
- Brand and Marketing Strategy 3
- Critical Thinking and Media Studies 3
- Creative Development 3
- Introduction to Research
- An NSC with Degree admission- A minimum of 30% for English coupled with a minimum of 50% for four x DESIGNATED NSC subjects (This excludes LO which is a 10 credit subject but includes English); OR
- An NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 60% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND Life Orientation, with a minimum of 70% in the four vocational subjects is required; OR
- An SC (with endorsement) or equivalent; OR
- Alternatively, a Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate 240 or 360 credit Diploma and an Advanced Diploma in a cognate field may satisfy the minimum admission requirement for degree studies.
- If a Higher Certificate, Advanced Certificate 240 or 360 credit Diploma or Advanced Diploma is not in a cognate field, then at least 20% of the credits of such qualification must relate to academic literacy or academic skills in order for an applicant to be admitted to degree studies.
- Submit a creative portfolio and successfully meet the creative portfolio criteria based on a review by a specialisation panel and attend an interview.
General requirements for undergraduate degrees:
All applicants for The IIE undergraduate degree studies, including international students, are required to write the Academic and Quantitative Literacy (AQL) – National Benchmark Test (NBT) unless they have attained the age of 23 by the time they register. The AQL – NBT is used for placement in student support programmes and does not replace the admission requirements for a specific degree programme.
Applicants who achieve a score lower than 64% are required to register for and successfully complete the two Academic Literacy, Introduction to Scholarship modules (ITSA and ITSB). Applicants who do not write the AQL - NBT prior to admission will automatically be registered for ITSA and ITSB whether or not these are credit-bearing modules in their qualifications. These candidates may, on the provision of an AQL - NBT score of 64% or above, be exempted from one or both the modules if and only if these are not credit bearing modules in their qualifications. For candidates who are completing the modules as a result of the low AQL - NBT score or who did not provide an AQL - NBT score, successful completion of ITSA and ITSB is a pre-requisite for registering for any third year modules and thus any student who has not completed ITSA or ITSB in their first year of study will be required to do so in their second year. Where ITSA or ITSB is credit-bearing in the qualification concerned, successful completion of one or both (depending on the curriculum structure) is also a graduation requirement.
Cost & Fees
Full Settlement p.a.: R76,600
Instalment Fee (10 Monthly Instalments): R81,600
Deposit(Applicable to Both Fees): R10,000
*Make sure you secure your place at Vega early!!
**Deposit Included in Total Fee
About the School
Vega School, an educational brand of the Independent Institute of Education, believes that brands are the world’s greatest assets for meaningful change. Vega therefore aims to graduate a new breed of ... Read More