The VFX award is for applicants looking for a career in the film, post-production or games industries - although some graduates may move onto positions within the architectural visualization, re-touching/advertising agencies or postgraduate study.
Entry into the Programme will be via one of the following routes:
Route 1: Entry to Year 1
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of O-Level or equivalent; or
- Recognised Matriculation or foundation with CGPA 2.0; or
- A qualification that APIIT accepts as equivalent to the above.
- And Portfolio
You will be required to create a perspective drawing project of “Environment Design”. The drawing must include an environment in a traditional market with people selling and buying on the scene. Please consider the use of perspective techniques for expressing your ideas.
All students must demonstrate that they have met the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 either through formal English language assessment or through success in the prior study at “A” level or equivalent in English
Route 2: Entry to year 2
- Successful completion of the relevant APIIT Diploma, or
- Successful completion of the study in another recognized institution with academic credits equivalent to Year 1 of an honors degree in relevant subjects
All applicants will be individually assessed via a portfolio, interview including drawing.
Topics you will experience include:
- Digital Presentation 1 I
- Digital Presentation 1 II
- Digital Pipeline 1 I
- Digital Pipeline 1 II
- Cinema: Film Analysis
- Introduction to VFX: Visual Effects & Concept Design I
- Introduction to VFX: Visual Effects & Concept Design II
- Digital Compositing for Film
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Future Lifestyles I
- Future Lifestyles II
- Digital Pipeline 2 I
- Digital Pipeline 2 II
- Digital Presentation 2 I
- Digital Presentation 2 II
- Set Design I
- Set Design II
- Creativity for Sound & Moving Image I
- Creativity for Sound & Moving Image II
- Negotiated Programme of Study Part A
- Negotiated Programme of Study Part B
- Team Production Project I
- Team Production Project II
- Design Project Report
- Advanced 3D Modelling and Animation
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete four (4) General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Student Showcase for Film, VFX and Concept Design Programmes at Staffordshire University (UK)
Click here to find out more details.
About the School
The Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology offers a range of programmes which are designed to produce highly employable graduates, by providing our students with an internationally benchmark ... Read More