The Mission of the Programme is to promote cultural, economic, social and technological development by preparing a generation of fully equipped communication and media graduates.
Distinctive features of the programme
The Faculty of Communication and Mass Media is the first faculty in Egypt that provides film and media studies in one programme. Moreover, the Faculty has recruited many experts from the field who are responsible for the teaching or training process. Additionally, the programme is distinctive because it:
- Offers comprehensive programmes of study that incorporate film, broadcasting, journalism, public relations and new media modules from a variety of sub-disciplines such as media and society, media and politics, film and media analysis, multimedia, and communication for development.
- Provides opportunities for training while studying through print publications, electronic portals, integrated newsroom, virtual and real studios and multimedia production studio.
- Equips graduates to be able to work in national, regional and international media.
- Qualifies students with new communication technologies skills, English and Arabic reporting skills, theoretical and practical knowledge and local and international media study perspectives.
- Provides the UK and Egyptian validation.
The BA (Hons) Communication and Mass Media Studies aims to:
- Provide students with:
- a systematic understanding of the knowledge-base of Communication and Mass Media;
- the ability to analyse complex issues both systematically and creatively;
- the ability to make sound judgment and communicate their conclusions clearly;
- the ability to be self-directed and innovative in tackling and solving problems;
- the independent learning ability necessary for continuing professional development; and
- the skills and aptitudes required to become media and communication researchers and academic professionals both regionally and internationally.
- Provide an intellectually demanding curriculum covering the concepts, principles, practices and ethical aspects of communication and mass media in Egypt and Worldwide.
- Provide a learning environment that enables students of high innate ability to reach their full potential, personally and academically, so that on graduation they are capable of and free to choose from many different careers and have the understanding, knowledge and personal maturity to make a rapid contribution to their chosen employment or research area in traditional and new media.
- Provide a programme that meets the educational requirements of appropriate professional institutions, both nationally and in the UK.
See 12 more programs offered by The British University in Egypt »
Last updated January 22, 2019
This course is