Become a skilled, confident and creative designer, with the knowledge and experience you need to make your mark.
This course takes you through the tactile world of textiles – from fashion and interior design through to greetings cards, gift-wrap and wallpapers. You gain a deep understanding of texture, colour and pattern – and the techniques you can use to bring them together to create something spectacular. You hone your technical skills in print, stitch and embroidery. And you experiment with traditional methods and digital technology.
Discover the kind of designer you want to be – and the career path you want to follow – as you learn from working designers and artists. Get insight into the commercial world with industry placements and exhibitions. Develop your own unique style – so that when your time comes, you’ll wow the world.
By the time you graduate, you’ll have the creative vision and commercial awareness to imagine and build a concept and turn it into a finished product. You’ll be ready to open the door to your future career.
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Applicants should have a strong art and/or design portfolio and demonstrate a commitment to art and/or design, and preferably five GCSEs to include English Language (or Welsh First Language) and Mathematics* at grade C or above / grade 4 or above (for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England)
Following an interview and assessment of portfolio, our typical offers can range between:
- 96 - 120 points from a successfully completed Art & Design Foundation Diploma or/and
- 96 - 120 points from at least 2 A Levels; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be considered as a third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma / Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: MMM - DDM
- 96 - 120 points from a combination of Scottish Highers and Scottish Advanced Highers
- 96 - 120 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 2 x H2 grades from any subject (minimum grade H4 considered)
- 96 - 120 points from the Access to HE Diploma within a relevant subject
*For Welsh applicants sitting the reformed Mathematics GCSE, we will accept either GCSE
About the School
Located in an exciting, modern European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a global university. We are continually investing in our students' future and provide education and training op ... Read More