The BA (Hons) PR and Marketing Management degree at Cardiff Met offers a defined focus on becoming a Public Relations specialist with a marketing degree. The degree has been developed in conjunction with the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) ensuring the teaching content is well aligned with industry expectations. All our marketing courses have a renowned reputation for their vocational orientation - becoming a 'Met Marketer' will enable you to gain the academic knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in a PR and marketing career.
The new degree will seek accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) and as such will enable students to develop the skills and ability to think creatively and adopt the latest tools in modern Public Relations. The PR landscape is undergoing significant change as consumer and organisations alike rely less and less on traditional media to disseminate and receive information and more and more on instant digital communications – appropriate skilled PR practitioners are more in demand than ever.
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Five GCSE passes including English Language and Mathematics* at grade C or above (grade 4 or above for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) , plus 96-112 points from at least two A levels (or equivalent).
Typical offers may include:
- 112 points from at least two A Levels to include grades CC; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate considered as the third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma overall grade MMM - DMM. Dependant on subject and experience.
- 112 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers, to include 2 X H2, minimum H4 grade counted towards points offer
- 112 points from at least two Scottish Advanced Highers to include grades DD
- 112 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma
*For Welsh applicants sitting the reformed Mathematics GCSE, we will accept either GCSEMathematics or Mathematics – Numeracy.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 11, 2019