BA (Hons) Music Industry Management
Do you want to establish a career in the music industry as a business-astute artist or executive? Designed and delivered by major label professionals, our music business degree course will help you develop the knowledge, skills and fresh thinking increasingly in demand across the modern music industry. Whether you want to work in artist management, A&R or the live industries, our course will give you access to the industry networks you need.
• A minimum of 96 UCAS points, gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications (e.g. A Level, BTEC Diploma), in any subject area.
• An Access to High Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications.
• GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and Englidh or a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
• In addition to your application entry onto the programme will be determined by your audition and Interview.
You may be invited to an interview to assess your eligibility for the course if:
- you have not met the minimum entry criteria but show within your application a strong interest, and a promise of ability for the course; or
- there is insufficient information in your application for us to make a decision
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us what your aims in the music business are and why it interests you. Your ability to communicate effectively is important, so the quality of your writing is a factor in how we make our decision. In particular, we will be looking for you to show an interest in the music business, demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- enthusiasm for listening to live or recorded music
- reading about music/the music industry
- performing music as a soloist, a band member or forming a band
- organising gigs or music events
- using social media to publish or promote music
Eligibility for certain modules:
If you wish to study the options from the BMus (Hons) that are available to your course, you will also have to demonstrate that you meet the music entry criteria as listed above for BMus students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 12, 2018