Do you want to establish a career in the music industry as a business-astute artist or executive? Designed and delivered by leading industry professionals, our music business degree course will help you develop the knowledge & skills which are increasingly in demand across the modern music industry. Whether you want to work in artist management, digital marketing, A&R or the live industries, our course will give you the knowledge and access to the industry networks you need.
You will learn to think critically and act creatively to navigate the opportunities of the emerging digital music landscape. By combining established industry practice, emerging technology, applicable theory and real-life opportunities to test what you have learnt, you will develop professionally by:
- Harnessing the power of social media and audience data
- Developing and communicating brand identity and ideas
- Managing and exploiting intellectual property for artists
- Build audiences and a sustainable market for talent
- Deliver successful music projects for individuals and organisations
On this degree, you will build incremental and progressively deeper knowledge and understanding of music management, the rights and royalty streams of music publishing and the recorded music sector, live event management and promotion and the inner workings of the streaming music economy.
- Entry criteria and requirements: 3 Year
- A minimum of 96 UCAS points gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications (e.g. A-Level, BTEC Diploma) which must include at least one in the following subject areas:
- Music Technology, Business Studies or Economics, Media Studies or English Language
- An Access to Higher Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications.
English language requirements
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
We also welcome applications from mature students (21+ years) and those without formal qualifications but with a demonstrable passion for and practical experience in the music industry.
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us what your aims in the music business are and why it interests you. Your ability to communicate effectively is important, so the quality of your writing is a factor in how we make our decision. In particular, we will be looking for you to show an interest in the music business, demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- Enthusiasm for listening to live or recorded music
- Reading about music/the music industry
- Organising gigs or music events
- Using social media to publish or promote music
You may be invited to an interview to assess your eligibility for the course if:
- You have not met the minimum entry criteria but show within your application a strong interest, and promise of ability for the course;
- There is insufficient information in your application for us to make a decision.
About the School
LCCM is a specialist higher education college for creative people. We are the only independent college in the UK offering degrees in music, words, along with a postgraduate degree in creative entrepr ... Read More