Are you an aspiring music manager, record label executive, live event organiser or a business-savvy recording artist who wants to get ahead of the pack with enhanced knowledge and skills?
On our Music Business Management degree, you will learn from industry professionals and have the opportunity to put your ideas and new skills into practice with work placements or entrepreneurial project-based modules in your third year.
In order to succeed on this degree, you will need to have foundation knowledge in at least one of the underlying subjects: Music Technology, Business or Economics, English Language or Media and Communications. If you don’t have or aren’t expecting to achieve a Level 3 qualification (A-Level or equivalent) in one of these subjects you will need to apply for the four-year degree with an integrated foundation year.
Our Foundation in Music Business (Year 0) is designed for students who haven’t studied any of the core subject areas previously and want to acquire or reinforce the skills required for success at undergraduate level or entry-level work in the entertainment sector.
The foundation year will build upon your passion and experience of music as a fan or hobbyist and give you the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare you for study at Level 4. You will learn essential business, academic and digital skills that will set you up for both your future studies and your professional career.
You will develop the necessary written and online communication skills to engage, persuade and convince others of the merits of your ideas and music projects. As you develop an active curiosity and fluency in the terminology and principles of business, media and communications, you will be ready to make the most of the rest of your studies and for the realities of work in the industry.
- Entry criteria and requirements: 4 Year
- A minimum of 96 UCAS points gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications (e.g. A-Level, BTEC Diploma) which must include at least one in the following subject areas:
- Music Technology, Business Studies or Economics, Media Studies or English Language
- An Access to Higher Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications.
English language requirements
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
We also welcome applications from mature students (21+ years) and those without formal qualifications but with a demonstrable passion for and practical experience in the music industry.
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us what your aims in the music business are and why it interests you. Your ability to communicate effectively is important, so the quality of your writing is a factor in how we make our decision. In particular, we will be looking for you to show an interest in the music business, demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- Enthusiasm for listening to live or recorded music
- Reading about music/the music industry
- Organising gigs or music events
- Using social media to publish or promote music
You may be invited to an interview to assess your eligibility for the course if:
- You have not met the minimum entry criteria but show within your application a strong interest, and promise of ability for the course;
- There is insufficient information in your application for us to make a decision.
About the School
LCCM is a specialist higher education college for creative people. We are the only independent college in the UK offering degrees in music, words, along with a postgraduate degree in creative entrepr ... Read More