Our marketing programmes will give you the latest skills to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry. The programme will also provide valuable qualifications in addition to your degree. Year 1 covers essential marketing principles, building a strong foundation that is developed and enhanced in Years 2 and 3. Year 2 focuses on implementing marketing principles laid out in the first year and concentrates more on the operational side of marketing. You will develop 'marketing mixes' and undertake marketing research. Year 3 takes a more strategic perspective and allows you to specialise in specific marketing disciplines.
The programme usually results in recognition by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) in the form of their award. After a successful first year, you will usually be awarded CIM's Introductory Certificate in Marketing and when you graduate you will usually gain the Professional Certificate in Marketing.
The Market Research Society and the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing also offer exemptions from their professional qualifications to holders of this degree.
The aims of the programme are:
- To ensure you develop a good understanding and grounding in marketing
- To provide you with an essential grasp of the skills required by employers.
Applicants should have:
280 UCAS points or equivalent
PLUS GCSEs of grade C or above in English and mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Applications from mature students are welcome.
- Direct Entry to Year 2 and 3 is available for qualified applicants.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language require IELTS 6 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent.
- Students on this programme may apply to participate in overseas exchanges with our Erasmus partners.
Students are assessed through assignments, exams and presentations.
Students can usually gain exemptions from certain Chartered Institute of Marketing, Market Research Society and Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing examinations.
Graduates generally have opportunities in brand/marketing management, marketing research, marketing consultancy and advertising, and in marketing executive roles.
About the School
Greenwich has scooped top spot in the London league table for student satisfaction, for the second year running. In the latest Sunday Times University Guide league table, published on 12 September, th ... Read More