The programme encompasses a range of core and optional modules, which will develop the skills you need for specialist roles within the Tourism, Hospitality and Events (THE) industries, particularly hospitality. Industrial work experience is a core part of the programme allowing industrial input into these programmes in which vocational and academic themes are integrated throughout. For example, embedded in the main BA (Hons) programmes are opportunities to gain internationally recognised professional qualifications alongside your degree.
The work placement usually takes place between the end of year one and the beginning of year two. It usually comprises either a 15 week 10 credit option or a 48 week 20 credit option. The placements may be undertaken in the UK or abroad. In some circumstances, a further placement period may also be undertaken at year three.
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Five GCSE passes including English Language and Mathematics* at grade C or above (grade 4 or above for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) , plus 96-112 points from at least 2 A levels (or equivalent).
Typical offers may include:
- 96-112 points from at least 2 A levels to include grades CC; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate considered as the third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma MMM - DMM
- 96-112 points from at least 2 Scottish Advanced Highers to include grades DD
- 96-112 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 3 x H2 grades. Higher level subjects only considered with a minimum grade H4
- 96-112 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma
*For Welsh applicants sitting the reformed Mathematics GCSE, we will accept either GCSEMathematics or Mathematics – Numeracy.
About the School
Located in an exciting, modern European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a global university. We are continually investing in our students' future and provide education and training op ... Read More