BA International Business (Hons)
The importance of the international dimension of business is creating a demand for graduates with sound business skills and the ability to operate effectively outside their country of origin. Redesigned in consultation with the business community, this programme aims to meet this demand. Students receive a comprehensive, practically based business education and a thorough understanding of the international context in which business operates.
Students following this programme can also complete a placement year and have the option of personalising their programme also offers the opportunity of studying abroad for one year in a partner institution. On completion of the programme, graduates will be equipped with a portfolio of business skills, knowledge and experience which will make them ready for the job market or for postgraduate studies.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with the tools to understand organisations, their management and the changing external environment in which they operate
- To prepare for and develop a career in business and management
- To enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development.
Applicants should have:
280 UCAS points
PLUS GCSEs at grade C or above in English and mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Applications from mature students are welcome.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language require IELTS 6 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent rating in another Secure English Language Test.
- Direct entry to Year 2 and 3 is available for qualified applicants.
Students are assessed through a rich and balanced portfolio of techniques, including assignments, exams, group activities, thematic diaries, portfolio and presentations
Career destinations for International Business graduates vary between public and private sector. Our graduates often find employment in general management with international firms, functional management (e.g. finance, marketing, operations or personnel) or international management consultancy. Our graduates enter careers in competitive fields such as: Business Services, Property, Marketing, and Finance. A good number of students go on to postgraduate education, are accepted on graduate initiatives as well as succeed in new business start-ups.
About the School
Greenwich has scooped top spot in the London league table for student satisfaction, for the second year running. In the latest Sunday Times University Guide league table, published on 12 September, th ... Read More