BA (Hons) International Business Management
Why study with us?
This course will provide you with extensive knowledge of the international business environment. You will graduate well prepared for a career in the global business world.
You will study aspects of business and management such as human resources, marketing, finance and operations. There are options to study abroad.
The four-year, sandwich-route mode of study gives you the opportunity to undertake a one-year placement between year two and three of the programme. This will allow you to enhance and apply your knowledge in real world contexts.
All our awards utilise the beauty and rural environment of Cumbria to provide you with unique experiences.
What can this course lead to?
Careers can include working in public, private and third stream organisations.
Resources and facilities
We place a high degree of emphasis on interactive learning within the Business School and provide a supportive environment in which you can develop academically and personally.
Business e-resources are available to students through the Library and Learning's Quest service. Quest is an easy to use, powerful discovery service that searches the university's journal collections, bibliographic databases and library catalogue from one search box.
- UCBS4001 - Contemporary Business Management and Organisation
- UCBS4002 - An Introduction to Marketing in the 21st Century
- UCBS4003 - Business Research and Practice
- UCBS4004 - Essentials of Human Resources
- UCBS4005 - Principles of Business Finance and Economics
- UCBS4006 - Business Sectors
- UCBS5001 - Applied Research and Analysis
- UCBS5002 - Human Resource Management and Development
- UCBS5003 - Management Accounting and Decision Making
- UCBS5009 - Organisational Behaviour
- UCBS5010 - International Economics
- UCBS5016 - The University of Cumbria Business School Sandwich Placement
- UCBS6001 - The Independent Project
- UCBS6002 - Strategic Leadership, Innovation and Change
- UCBS6003 - The Consultancy Project
- UCBS6004 - Global Business Perspectives
- UCBS6005 - International Strategic Human Resource Management
- UCBS6006 - International Strategic Marketing
This award enables you to critically evaluate the relationships between international business strategy and operational needs, providing creative and innovative solutions through the essential attributes of management and leadership.
The award allows the student to contextualise business management and practice across a range of public, private and third stream organisations in local, regional, national, international and global contexts.
As this course is subject to validation the confirmed programme specification is not yet available.
240 UCAS tariff points
Credit and UCAS requirements
- UCAS code: N120; (Sandwich course: N213)
- UCAS points: 240
About the School
We are one of Britain's newest universities, but we have a history of educating professionals going back over 150 years. We were formed in 2007 from Cumbria Institute of the Arts, St Martin's College ... Read More