Awarding University: Wrexham Glyndwr University
Why choose this course?
- Obtain a Degree approved by the Greek Ministry of Education and abroad.
- High standards of university education, oriented to the international markets.
- Program structured after careful scientific research.
- Optional free Russian lessons to enhance students’ employability.
Key Course Features
The key objective of BA (Hons) Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management is to prepare and educate students and transform them into well-educated executives for high management positions in the field of tourism - one of the main sources of financial activity in Greece.
The need for specialized executives with the right skills and abilities in Hospitality and Tourism is growing rapidly in local and international markets. Graduates of this program obtain all the necessary qualifications to succeed not only in the field of hospitality but also in a wider spectrum of the tourism industry.
The specific program aims at exploring all the different issues in the field of Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management, focusing at the same time on contemporary research techniques and methodologies.
Proxyclick Visitor Management System / Unsplash
Greece, with a coastline of 16,000 km, more than 6,000 islands and a well-established ranking in the international tourism market, presents excellent opportunities for investment and employment in this field. Thus, there is a pressing need for competent and highly educated staff to offer its services in the field of tourism.
The BA (Hons) Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management differs from the common programs since it places a strong focus on all the elements of tourism and offers specialized modules on food and drink tourism, creating events and contemporary issues in tourism management.
Modules are stimulating and thought-provoking and they cover essential business topics. At the same time, students can study relevant business modules such as customer services, human resource management, and digital marketing.
During the course students will be provided with opportunities for direct, practical experience, visits to associates of MBS College of Crete who operate and lead in the field of Tourism and Hospitality, along with opportunities for creative development, resourcefulness, and contribution to business issues of the field.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Business: Past, Present & Future||Engaging & Leading People||Dissertation / Placement|
|Business Communication Skills for Marketing||Advertising & Branding||Strategic Thinking|
|Generating Business Ideas & Innovation||Event Management & Execution||Food & Drink Tourism|
|Marketing Essentials||Competitive Intelligence Research||Contemporary Issues in Hospitality Management|
|Data Analytics & Understanding “Big Data”||Visitor Attraction Management||International Human Resource Management (optional module)|
|Creating Events||Customer Service Excellence||Strategic Marketing (optional module)|
Graduates holding a degree in BA (Hons) Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to stand out and make a difference in the job market.
Graduates of this program can:
- Pursue a career as executives in any sector of the tourism industry such as hotels, event planning companies, travel agencies, tour operators, restaurants and catering, airlines, tourism consultancy agencies, etc.
- Further their academic studies by attending a Master’s Degree in Greece or abroad.
- Work as freelancers or establish their own businesses in the field of Hospitality and Tourism.
How to Apply
All applicants are individually assessed on their qualifications, skills, and experience. However, a typical three A level or BTEC National Diploma offer will be 260 UCAS tariff points.
For admission to our first degrees, you will normally be expected to have passed at least one of the following options:
- Two subjects at Advanced GCE (A-Level).
- One VCE Double Award.
- Two, six-unit Advanced VCEs.
- One Advanced GCE (A-Level) and one, six-unit Advanced VCE.
- Two subjects at Scottish Advanced Higher.
- An EDEXCEL BTEC or SCOTVEC National Certificate/Diploma at a good standard.
- An award of the European Baccalaureate Diploma, with at least 60 percent overall; English at 60 percent.
- An award of the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; English at four points.
- An award of the Irish Leaving Certificate with a minimum of five Higher passes.
- A Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma.
English Language requirements:
- IELTS 6.0: Overall score of 6.0. Minimum of 5.5 in Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- TOEFL: Overall score of 87. Minimum of 20 Speaking, 17 Listening, 18 Reading and 17 Writing.
- Pearsons: Overall score of 51. Minimum of 51 Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
About the School
The College of Crete MBS was founded in 1979, and throughout the intervening years has experienced change, improvement, and continual growth. 34 years later, we are proud of our collaborations with bo ... Read More