BA (Hons) Graphic Design
With an international reputation for producing graduates that stand out for their creative thinking and technical skills, our BA (Hons) Graphic Design degree is a 3 year programme and does prepare students to become flexible and creative graphic design professionals, with a specific personal graphics skill set, able to negotiate their way through an exciting professional career.
You will be taught by passionate and experienced graphic design professionals who have worked in some of the best design agencies in the UK. Their dedication to helping you bring your projects to life will give you the confidence and knowledge to follow your passions and choose a path that fits with your academic aspirations and career goals.
The aim of the course is to encourage students to develop as individuals within a flexible and supportive environment. Our modules and teaching expertise will help you become more independent as a leaner and more certain of your discipline expertise.
Upon completion, students will develop crucial skills, encouraging them to become creative, enterprising, employable and good leaders.
Key Course Information
- Campus: London
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Duration: 3 Years
- Delivery: Full Time
- Intakes: October
- Fees: UK/EEA £9,250
- Funding: SFE Funding Available
- Validation: Buckinghamshire New University
- Historical & Critical Thinking: Lectures and seminars, theories and perspectives required for object and image analysis
- Design Workshops: Practical hands-on module, comprising workshop-based activity including Software Skills, Drawing, Typography and Photography
- Conceptual Communications: Introduction to ideas and innovation, storytelling, workshops, gallery visits and creative writing
- Type and Image: Workshops exploring the design process, investigation and research, presentations and case studies.
- Design Research & Theory: Investigation and analysis and research proposal
- Editorial Design: Working to a design brief, case study, workshops, demonstrations, and presentations
- Design Directions: Brand Identity and Experience Design: Investigation and research, working to a design brief, creating a portfolio of work and presentations
- Professional Studies: Lectures, seminars workshops, visiting lectures, networking, personal development and work-based learning.
- Dissertation: Student devised research, workshops, tutorials, presentations and dissertation.
- Integrated Final Major Project: Research /visual investigation, design development, final outcome and degree presentation.
- Professional Practice: Career research, self and business promotion, live competition /award briefs, work-based learning and portfolio.
- Age: Minimum 18 years or above
- Language Proficiency: GCSE English Language Grade A*- C, Level 2 Key Skills or Functional Skills
- Students who do not have English as a first or another language should have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- Level 3 qualifications which attract a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff through one or more of the following:
- BTEC National Diploma
- A levels
- Access to HE Diploma
- Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
- Other level 3 accredited qualifications
- Non UK level 3 equivalent qualifications confirmed through NARIC
All students will be required to attend an interview with a portfolio of work that demonstrates creative ability or talent.
We also require:
- Complete Application Form
- Scanned Copy of Passport/ID Card
- Personal Statement
Program taught in: