Want to pursue a career in fashion? LCCA is pleased to offer the BA (Hons) Fashion with Foundation Year, delivered in partnership with the University for the Creative Arts, one of the top 15 universities in the UK as ranked by the Guardian League Tables 2020.
This course will introduce you to many different areas of fashion, graphics, moving images and crafts. You’ll work in an open studio space throughout your four years allowing you to get a good grasp of what working in the fashion industry will be like. It will also help you to develop a range of technical skills and your own personal style.
In addition, you’ll complete a foundation year which will help you to get your skills up to scratch. Once you’re studying your BA, you’ll also be offered the opportunity to complete a work placement to help you gain experience and to prepare you for working life. In this way, you’ll be able to put the theory you’ve learned into practice.
The course equips you with skills for a range of careers including visual merchandiser, design co-ordinator, pattern cutter and much more. Alternatively, you could consider postgraduate study including our MA Fashion Business and Management and MA Global Marketing and Communications.
Ready to kickstart your career? Enrol on the course today.
The scope of this fashion course enables our graduates to secure a range of positions at different levels of the industry, such as:
- Design Co-ordinator
- Pattern Cutter
- Fashion Technologist/ Sourcing
- Product development
- Business start-up/ Entrepreneur
- Visual Merchandiser
- Retail Management
- Range planning
- Public relations/promotion
- Press and the media
- Events organisation
Upon graduating from the 4-year undergraduate programme, you may like to consider further study at postgraduate level. Our range of postgraduate degrees include:
- MA Fashion Business and Management
- MA Global Marketing and Communications
The standard entry requirements* for this course are, one of the following:
- 64 new UCAS tariff points, see accepted qualifications
- Merit, Pass, Pass at BTEC Extended Diploma
- Pass at UAL Extended Diploma
- 64 new UCAS tariff points from an accredited Access to Higher Education Diploma in an appropriate subject
- 24 points from the International Baccalaureate, see more information about IB entry requirements
- And four GCSE passes at grade A*-C and/or grade 4-9 including English (or Functional Skills English/Key Skills Communication Level 2)
*We occasionally make offers which are lower than the standard entry criteria, to students who have faced difficulties that have affected their performance and who were expected to achieve higher results.
Other relevant and equivalent Level 3 UK and international qualifications are considered on an individual basis, and we encourage students from diverse educational backgrounds apply.
About the School
London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) is a specialist creative arts university offering a selection of leading career-focused undergraduate and short courses which are industry relevant, practica ... Read More