In this course, our aim is to invoke students’ creativity and their passion for making fashion! On the other hand, they learn how to promote fashion products.
“The global fashion apparel industry is one of the most important sectors of the economy in terms of investment, revenue, and trade and employment generation all over the world. The apparel industry has short product life cycles, tremendous product variety, volatile and unpredictable demand, long and inflexible supply processes. The industry has been in a transition over the last 20 years”
(Fashion Apparel Industry Overview).
In today’s world of globalized fashion with the extensive competition between the different fashion houses, designers and multibillion fashion corporations, there is an increasing need for communicating ones messages as clearly and uniquely as possible.
The message of a brand must be distinct, clear and different from the others’ but even if it is not, it MUST find a way to become one to have the chance of succeeding. Therefore, it is highly important to understand how to create a marketing and promotional strategy that will lead to success – or at least have many chances of leading to success.
- Diploma and transcript from high school
- Evidence of student’s ability in English language (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent). If previous education was in English, there is no need for any test, just a certificate where this is confirmed
- AAS Application form
Course at a glance
- Introduction to Fashion Product
- Introduction to Design Practice and
- Fashion Promotion
- Design Theory 1
- Advanced Fashion Product
- Advanced Fashion Promotion
- Advanced Fashion Illustration and Portfolio
- Design Theory 2
- Professional Portfolio
- Design Research Project
- Design – Major Final Project
Important Dates and Information
- Duration: 36 months (3 years)
- Educational Form: taught
- Education Variants: full-time
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: 20th June 2020
- Classes Start Date: 28th September 2020
- Award Body: University of Sunderland - UK
- British Degree: Bachelor of Arts with Honour
About the School
AAS was established in 1990 and today is one of the biggest colleges in Thessaloniki. It is well-known for its high standard of education in Art & Design Studies.