BA (Hons) Fashion Design
With the London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA), you will learn everything you need to know about building a successful career as a fashion designer and you’ll gain the required skills you need in order to succeed in fashion – whether you want to work for a high-end label or go freelance.
Students can explore and develop their own identity as fashion designers and practitioners, able to position themselves within a global industry.
The students will also be encouraged to be experimental and innovative in their approach to design whilst developing an understanding of commerciality and target markets. In their final year, students will be challenged to produce solutions (final collections) that served the needs of an individual while maintaining sustainable production methods.
Our fashion team are all experienced practitioners in their respective fields and will guide you through a breadth of intellectual, research and practical processes.
On successful completion of the BA (Hons) Fashion Design programme you will be able to design and develop concepts, processes and ideas for fashion within a sustainable and ethical framework for a range of audiences or consumers.
Key Course Information
- Campus: London
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Duration: 3 Years
- Delivery: Full Time
- Intakes: March and October
- Fees: UK/EEA £9,250
- Funding: SFE Funding Available
- Validation: Buckinghamshire New University
- Contextual Studies 1
- Materials and Processes
- Design Techniques and Concepts
- Contextual Studies 2 – Research Strategies
- Exhibition and Promotion
- Design and Market Awareness
- Live Industry Project
- Contextual Report on Practice
- Professional Practice
- Final Collection
- Design Co-ordinator
- Pattern Cutter
- Fashion Technologist/Sourcing
- Product Development
- Business Start-up / Entrepreneur
- Visual Merchandiser
- Retail Management
- Range Planning
- Public Relations/promotion
- Press and the media
- Minimum age: 18
- Level 3 qualifications which attract a minimum 80 UCAS tariff through one or more of the following: BTEC National Diploma, A-levels, Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, Other level 3 accredited qualifications, Non-UK level 3 equivalent qualifications confirmed through NARIC. Every application is considered on an individual basis.
- English proficiency: IELTS 6.0 (with minimum 5.5 for each component) or equivalent (CEFR Level B2)
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview with a portfolio of work that demonstrates creative ability or talent.
- *This course will only run if there is a sufficient level of interest to ensure a satisfactory student experience and outcome.