The BA Education, Psychology and Special Educational Needs degree focuses on the theory, practice and policy of mainstream and special education, as well as offering a unique opportunity to examine educational issues and additional learning needs from a psychological perspective.
The degree will equip you with the in-depth theoretical knowledge and practical strategies needed to support a range of learners, including those with special educational needs. There is a strong focus on psychology throughout, and you will explore the varying fields of psychology and how they can contribute to our understanding of such things as social, emotional and physical development, intellectual differences, school behaviour, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and the influence of self-esteem and motivation on learning and achievement.
This programme offers an excellent gateway for individuals interested in professional careers in areas such as special education, teacher training, educational support services, educational social work and educational psychology.
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
No previous knowledge of Psychology is required for this programme. However, whilst not a prerequisite, due to the statistical components of this degree, successful completion of GCSE Maths* at grade C or above is recommended.
Applicants should have 104 points from at least 2 A levels (or equivalent). Typical offers may include:
- 104 points from at least 2 A levels to include an A level grade C. Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be considered as a third subject
- RQF BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma with an overall grade of MMM
- CACHE Diploma with an overall grade C (minimum 96 points)
- 104 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 2 x H2 grades (minimum grade considered is H4)
- 104 points from Scottish Advanced Highers to include a grade D
- 102 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma
*For Welsh applicants sitting the reformed Mathematics GCSE, we will accept either GCSEMathematics or Mathematics – Numeracy.
About the School
Located in an exciting, modern European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a global university. We are continually investing in our students' future and provide education and training op ... Read More