BA (Hons) Business (HRM)
Arden University’s BA (Hons) in Business (Human Resources Management) is the right degree for those seeking to go into business and specialize in human resources. The course will teach prospective businesspeople how to best manage their staff, motivating them and rewarding them. You will acquire the skills needed to manage the HR side of organizations, benefitting from a curriculum that enforces a range of transferable business skills.
The programme will provide you with knowledge and a practical understanding of key human resources disciplines, applying them to various organizational settings and comprehending their use in practical situations. As a result, you will be able to respond to distinct business requirements in the human resources area in a variety of contexts.
The degree will approach varied business and HR aspects, such as team management, managing change in organizations, human resources planning, and strategic issues in human resources management. Students will also learn key business fundaments such as finance, marketing, business processes and analyzing and interpreting data.
This degree will give you a deep understanding of the key aspects of current practice in the human resources area and how they relate to current and emerging developments in related disciplines.
Who is the Programme for?
If you aspire to become a specialist in your chosen field and excel as a human resources manager in any type of organization, the programme will provide you with the relevant skillset and practical know-how necessary to achieve your ambitions.
Employment Stats and USP’s
- Arden University has received 4.5* for student satisfaction.
- Arden has supported 50,000 higher education learners over 26 years.
- 96% of the graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduation.
- 79% of the students saw their career improve as a direct result of their studies.
- Arden University is regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government.
- 96% of Arden University graduates are in employment 6 months after graduation.
- Taught 100% in English.
- Intensive, engaging and face-to-face teaching by industry experts.
- Industry-relevant, 21st-century application.
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented.
- Flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available.
- Perfect city centre locations in Berlin.
- Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
- Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
- Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe.
- Berlin is the second-largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities for young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Upon completion of the course, graduates have a varied range of careers to choose from, with job opportunities in fields such as recruitment and human resources.
Positions that graduates can take up include careers advisor, recruitment advisor, human resources officer, office manager, management consultant, human resources manager, among many others. Graduates can also choose to embark on postgraduate study and pursue a master’s or MBA degree.
Flexible Payment Plans Available:
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the costs of your programme fees across three instalments.
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Developing personal and management skills
- Understanding the business environment
- Principles of marketing
- Introduction to finance
- People in organisations
- Managing human resources
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Managing across cultures
- Business processes
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Business analysis
- Planning human resources
- Managing change in organisations
Year 3 (Level 6)
- Contemporary management issues
- Strategic management
- Managing self and others
- Strategic issues in human resource management
- Research methods and dissertation
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- For non-standard entry requirements, please contact us;
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.