Animation and Games are two of the fastest-growing industries in the world which will increasingly feature in our everyday lives. With technological development at the stage they are today, it proves impossible to tell truth from fiction.
The film, games and VFX industries are always searching for new talent. BA (Hons) Animation and Games Art will allow you to explore the pre-production pipeline and be able to apply animation to a wide range of media. You will study and develop traditional animation techniques, plus key digital skills in 2D and 3D, while learning the core principles of character-led animation.
We place animation and game design within a broader context of principles and theories of design, and you will gain an overall knowledge of design that keeps your career options wide open. You will also have the creative freedom and flexibility to develop your specific areas of interest, gaining transferable skills crucial to employability.
Teaching is almost entirely practical and studio-based, supported by lectures, seminars and tutorials. Our academic team encourage you to express ideas and push the boundaries of creativity. Assessment is mainly through coursework. In your final year, you will prepare for your Degree Show which will be visited by industry experts and potential employers.
- Diploma and transcript from high school
- Evidence of student’s ability in English language (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent). If previous education was in English, there is no need for any test, just a certificate where this is confirmed
- AAS Application form
Course at a glance
- Introductory Classical, Digital and Performance Practice
- Animation Techniques
- Design Theory 1
- Introduction to Computer Skills
- Preproduction Practice
- Maya for Beginners
- Animation for Music, Titles and Indents
- Animation Performance – Dialogue
- Design Theory 2
- Applied Animation
- Professional Practice
- Final Major Project
Important Dates and Information
- Duration: 36 months (3 years)
- Educational Form: taught
- Education Variants: full-time
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: 20th December 2019
- Classes Start Date: 27th January 2020
- Award Body: University of Sunderland - UK
- British Degree: Bachelor of Arts with Honour
About the School
AAS was established in 1990 and today is one of the biggest colleges in Thessaloniki. It is well-known for its high standard of education in Art & Design Studies.