“Advertising is the ability to sense, interpret…to put the very heart throbs of a business into type, paper and ink” Leo Burnett
The course prepares students for a career in creative advertising and encourages creative thinking too.
Taught by a team of advertising practitioners and academic theorists, students are equipped with contemporary knowledge to be able to understand the theoretical and practical aspects of every level of the advertising industry from planning to creative output and presentation.
Studies are underpinned by contextual studies – design theory and live briefs from the industry as well as student competition entry alongside an individual study of student self-initiated briefs. They are challenged over a wide range of media such as print, TV, ambient, guerrilla, web, viral and social networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
In the first year the course begins with a program of ideas/concept generation projects, specific advertising briefs are introduced towards the end of semester one. In semester two projects expanded to include typography, layout and computer skills.
In the second year, students understand that ‘the idea’ is king and the emphasis shifts to developing the sound advertising strategies that are the foundation for those ideas. Copywriting and graphic design for advertising form a significant part of the teaching. Students also have the opportunity to acquire photographic, video and sound editing skills.
Advertising is, and always has been, one of the most dynamic and exciting careers creative students can choose and with the explosion of new media, such as the Internet, the industry requires talented and committed people as never before.
- Diploma and transcript from high school
- Evidence of student’s ability in English language (IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent). If previous education was in English, there is no need for any test, just a certificate where this is confirmed
- AAS Application form
Course at a glance
- Introduction to Advertising 1 & 2
- Introduction to Digital Imaging
- Visual Communication
- Design Theory 1
- Introduction to Motion Graphics
- Integrated Campaigns
- Branding & Identity
- The Book
- Graphic Communication
- Design Theory 2
- Motion Graphics 2
- Creative Team Campaigns
- Design Research Project
- The Book
- Final Major Project
Important Dates and Information
- Duration: 36 months (3 years)
- Educational Form: taught
- Education Variants: full-time
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: 20th July 2020
- Classes Start Date: 28th September 2020
- Award Body: University of Sunderland - UK
- British Degree: Bachelor of Arts with Honour
About the School
AAS was established in 1990 and today is one of the biggest colleges in Thessaloniki. It is well-known for its high standard of education in Art & Design Studies.