School of Engineering and Digital Sciences
Nazarbayev University’s School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (NU SEDS) has designed all of its programs to revolutionize the traditional engineering and science learning environment of lectures and laboratories to include modern components that engage students in project-based exercises in critical thinking.
As world-class leaders in STEM education, all NU SEDS graduates enter the global marketplace as highly skilled experts in their chosen field of study. Our graduates go on to become innovators who overcome the obstacles in Central Asia and Eurasia’s advanced technology industries.
The SEDS promotes a mission of utilizing advanced technologies and research to shape student expertise and train them in critical thinking and inventive design.
Graduates of NU SEDS are coveted in the global engineering and digital science community because of our students’ interdisciplinary perspectives essential to advancing modern industry and infrastructure.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program draws from the belief that society’s complex problems require sophisticated solutions. With a foundation from the sciences, mathematics, and computing, students are primed to deliver these solutions in fields encumbered with complexity and rapid change. The program’s hands-on, learning-by-doing approach brings value to both professionals and researchers dealing with many of the most challenging problems of today’s world.
The program’s hands-on, learning-by-doing approach brings value to both professionals and researchers dealing with many of the most challenging problems of today’s world.
Graduates of this program are well-positioned to move into careers in industry, academia, and government providing solutions to difficult, large, and highly complex problems.
- Кампус: Нур-Султан, Казахстан
- Английский язык
- Режим доставки: полный рабочий день, на кампусе
- Продолжительность: 4 года
- Всего кредитов ECTS: 240
Technical Electives for the BS CS degree can be satisfied by any non-required course offered by the CS department, as well as the following courses offered by other departments:
- MATH 351 Introduction to Numerical Methods with Applications
- MATH 407 Introduction to Graph Theory
- MATH 417 Cryptography
- PHYS 270 Computational Physics
- ROBT 310 Image Processing
- ROBT 407 Statistical Methods and Machine Learning
English Language Requirements
- IELTS – no less than 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each sub-score)
- TOEFL IBT – 79-93 (Reading – no less than 13, Listening – no less than 12, Speaking – no less than 18, Writing - no less than 21)
- TOEFL PBT – 574-599
- SAT Subject Test – Chemistry and Biology with at least 600 in each subject;
- SAT Reasoning Test – no less than 1240. An essay is required, no minimum score
- ACT – composite score no less than 27. Writing part is required, no minimum score
Где можно работать после окончания?
Possible career destinations:
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- IT Project Manager
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer hardware and software
- Information Technology
- Healthcare and Medicine
- Research and Development in Engineering and Sciences
Strategic partners of Nazarbayev University
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business (USA)
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (Singapore)
- The University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- The University of Cambridge (UK)
- Colorado School of Mines (USA)
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (USA)
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (USA)
About the School
Located in Nur-Sultan City, Kazakhstan, in Central Asia, Nazarbayev University is a research university with growing international renown combining education and innovation on a state of the art 21st- ... Read More