Offered By: Colangelo College of Business
Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Economics
If you are interested in pursuing a career in business, corporate finance, banking, insurance or investment companies, Grand Canyon University’s (G.C.U.) Colangelo College of Business offers the Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics degree. This economics and finance degree program takes the topic areas that will be important to a career in this field and explores each in depth. In this Bachelor of Science in economics and finance program, you study international trade and finance and explore the interrelationships between the international monetary environment and financial planning for corporations with overseas operations.
Study Finance and Economics Degree Curriculum
The Bachelor of Science in economics and finance degree coursework includes areas such as finance, economics, statistics, financial and managerial accounting, marketing, investments and portfolio management. Through the coursework, you also focus on business and leadership skills, addressing the areas of servant leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit.
What You Will Learn
Learn Finance and Economic Concepts
Specific topics in the economics and finance degree program include:
- Marketing mix and marketing concepts
- Microeconomic, macroeconomic and international economics topics
- Accounting cycle and the construction of financial statements
- Use of managerial accounting data in the decision-making process
- Legal and ethical issues of concern to business
- Individual and group behavior in organizations
- Practical application of descriptive and inferential statistics in business
- Fundamentals of business finance
- Financial evaluation and management of business
- Microeconomic principles and techniques of analysis
- Finance function within the modern corporation
- Investments and portfolio management
- Production/operations management
- Interrelationships between the international monetary environment and financial planning for corporations with overseas operations
- Strategic management
Prepare for a Career in Finance and Economics
After you complete the Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics degree, you may opt to further your education. G.C.U. offers a variety of master's degrees in business, including a Master of Business Administration (MBA), an MBA with an Emphasis in Finance and a Master of Science in Leadership.
Join Grand Canyon University’s vibrant and growing campus community, with daytime classes designed for traditional students. Immerse yourself in a full undergraduate experience, complete with a curriculum designed within the context of our Christian worldview. New modern classrooms, suite-style residence halls, popular dining options, resort-style swimming pools and a focus on creating a dynamic student life make G.C.U. a top choice for high school graduates and transfer students. Exciting events, well-known guest speakers, and Division I athletics round out the traditional student experience. Our welcoming campus community is the perfect place to find your purpose.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. G.C.U. offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2017