Industrial Revolution of the 21st Century
Nowadays, the research and study of social sciences of the internet (the life online) are so relevant for people, businesses and governments that will play competitive advantages at regional, country and global landscapes in the short future.
Moreover, the paradigm changed from an economy based on natural resources, physical inputs, and value chains based on physical infrastructure into one based on new knowledge, digital technology. Thus, decision-making processes and global value chains become more and more influenced by digital tools and systems, social networks, and consumer data.
There are driving forces - political, social, cultural, economic and technological factors - that are promoting a disruptive change on digital ecosystems: firstly, the Internet of Documents (Adobe), secondly, the Internet of Commerce (Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, etc.), thirdly, the Internet of People (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and, more recently, the Internet of Things (IoT). Our Digital Business and Data Science B.Sc. program offers students an insightful view into the future.
This transformation - also called the Fourth Industrial Revolution - is influencing innovative and growth strategies, conceptual models of design thinking and innovation management, technology convergence, business modeling, consumer behavior, brand management, social media marketing and communication, online sales, and customer relationship management. The same goes for processes reengineering, operations, and supply chain management systems. Last, but not least, it is shaping data science and new knowledge, data security and privacy, corporate governance, and policymaking.
This study program is aimed specifically at students who are curious and have the creativity to imagine and the aspiration to learn and develop something new that impact the world and change their lives.
Our students have multidisciplinary backgrounds, different nationalities, diverse cultures, and multiple perspectives. You will learn how to develop entrepreneurial and innovative projects that combine new knowledge on digital technologies and business administration & management while responding to disruptive corporate industry challenges. If you want to engage in an advanced content curriculum and innovative pedagogy experience, while interacting with a highly qualified faculty team, who will support you individually along with the program and beyond, then the Digital Business & Data Science B.Sc. program is a differentiator.
- Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Possible places of study:
- Hamburg (accreditation in preparation)
- Language of instruction: English: Berlin & Hamburg
- Number of semesters: 6 (3 years)
- Semester abroad: 4th semester
- Semester start dates:
- Winter semester: September
- Summer semester: March
- Credit Points: 180 ECTS
- Options for specialization:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Study in small groups and friendly atmosphere at an international campus with renowned lecturers. Selectable specializations, practical projects, field trips, and semester abroad provide great career opportunities.
- Tuition Fees:
- EU Applicants: 8,940 € yearly
- Non-EU Applicants: 11,340 € yearly
What makes it outstanding to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
The University of Applied Sciences Europe is an accredited higher education institution awarded with multiple prices. We put emphasis on internationality. That's why we were ranked as "one of the best 25 international universities worldwide" (U-Multirank 2016). Our many international students come from all over the world to pursue a highly valued (state and FIBAA recognized) German degree that is entirely taught in English. Also, we are ranked as one of the best universities in Germany in the field of business studies (U-Multirank 2018).
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe, you will study in small course groups. We guarantee you individual mentoring and close contact with the lecturers. Our professors are leading experts in their fields with outstanding teaching, research, and business success.
Moreover, we also value the linkage between the higher education and corporate industry ecosystem. The theory you learn will find a practical approach in several project weeks. The variety of interdisciplinary courses gives you the chance to determine the content of your studies. We offer modern equipment like projectors in every room, Mac pools, SW programs and more.
The program - courses and semester abroad
In the first part of your studies you will gain knowledge in the following fields:
- Quantitative Methods & Mathematics for Digital Technologies
- Business Administration, Management, Law, Accounting, Finance, Operations
- Digital Transformation, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce and IT Services Management
- Data Structure & Algorithms and fundamentals in Programming
- Soft skills & English
Before you start your semester abroad – at one of our partnered institutions, you have the possibility to start an internship at one of our partnered companies. We value very much our network-based innovation system.
In the 5th and 6th you will learn deeper and advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- Data Science & Analytics, Advanced Programming and Engineering & Development
- Networks and Cybersecurity
- Customer Relationship Management
In the last stage, you will work on a business/technological project and, finally, on your Thesis for your degree in Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.).
Your career options with a degree in Digital Business & Data Science
This bachelor program is for strategic leaders, for entrepreneurs of digital and disruptive businesses, for innovators and digital marketers. It is also for technology strategists, data scientists, and software and web developers of the most innovative businesses and technical solutions to serve customers and add value to partners within global ecosystems.
- Digital Business Leader and Strategist
- Digital Business Development Manager
- Digital Innovation Manager
- Digital Product & Service Designer and Developer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Data Scientist Manager
- Digital Research & Development Manager
- Software Developer, Web Developer, App Developer
- Digital Business Consultant
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Digital Transformation Officer
- Chief Digital Marketing Officer
- Chief Digital Sales Officer
- Chief Digital Operations Officer
What is Digital Transformation?
- It is the new investment in technology, platform business models, systems, processes, tools, servers, cloud solutions and digital equipment to drive new value for customers and employees and compete in an ever-changing digital economy.
- It doesn’t solely focus on technology. Early in its rise through the hype cycle, digital transformation was largely technology-centric with a majority of its audience consisting of CIOs, IT professionals, vendors, integrators, and consultants. But, not anymore.
- It is about change, innovation and leadership, i.e., is part of technology, but also part of human
Since 1990s' the internet exploded and connected almost 1 billion users - the first wave, in 2000s' users connected almost reached the triple, with another 2 billion - the second wave, but nowadays digital connections are embedded in most aspects of our daily lives. By the end of 2018, the value of the global information technology in the industry 4.0 eclipsed the $4.8 trillion mark in 2018, and it is still growing in 2019 and the next coming years.
During 2008, the number of "things" connected to the internet exceeded the number of people on earth.
Tuition fees & funding
As a private university, the University of Applied Sciences Europe is funded not by the state, but by tuition fees. For this reason, studying at the University of Applied Sciences Europe costs more than at a public university. But it’s worth it: Our graduates meet the essential requirements of careers in business, and this sets them apart from the graduates of many public universities.
All costs are included in the monthly tuition fee.
No additional costs will be incurred, such as a matriculation fee, exam fees, bachelor thesis fee, or similar, as long as the course is completed within the standard study period.
The costs for the semester abroad are not included in these fees, as there are substantial differences depending on country and university.
We are happy to provide you with information on funding your studies and on any available scholarships. If you have any further questions, our Student Guidance Office can provide you with detailed information.
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester.
To qualify for a bachelor's degree at the University of Applied Sciences Europe, you must meet the following requirements:
- Online application
- Certified copy of your high school diploma or equivalent occupational certificate
- Entrance examination
- Personal interview (e.g., via Skype)
- Good English language skills
About the School
Private and state-accredited: The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event and art & design. ... Read More