We offer a solid Computer Science education in a Liberal Arts environment. We also integrate into our curriculum real-world experience including our co-operative education program and access to Undergraduate Capstone Open Source Projects. We are active in several research areas and we offer both a research-intensive or course-based Master’s programme as well as opportunities for undergraduate students to get involved in cutting-edge research.
Solid Computer Science Education
We offer a solid and complete Computer Science education (Honours, Major, Minor). In addition, we offer interdisciplinary programmes (such as BAIT/Information Technology), a co-op option, and a number of certificates.
We are active in a number of research areas, including theoretical computer science, formal software engineering, and image processing. We offer good opportunities for undergraduate students to be involved in cutting-edge research under USRA scholarships or similar.
Did you know?
- Our students have access to various projects thus obtaining real experience by building a substantial software system as part of a team distributed all over Canada.
- Our co-op education program combines a student’s academic program with integrated work experiences through full-time work terms and regular academic sessions. The work terms are designed to present the students with the opportunity to blend theory and practice and to gain work experience.
- We are operating in a Liberal Arts environment: It is easy to combine other Majors (particularly Math and Physics) and Minors with your CS degree.
Courses & Programs
Undergraduate Degree Programs
Numerous students have gone forward to graduate studies or to pursue a career after graduation. We also offer a friendly atmosphere, with opportunities to socialize with faculty and fellow students. All the faculty maintain an open-door policy in both academic and non-academic matters, and we encourage students’ participation in the Computer Science Club. Our offering includes a complete set of undergraduate programs in Computer Science:
- Honours in Computer Science
- Major in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Information Technology (BAIT) – in cooperation with the Williams School of Business
- Minor in Computer Science
The Department also offers a Certificate in Computer Science.
About the School
Located in the beautiful Eastern Townships region of the province of Quebec, Bishop’s is a unique English-language university that offers its students an undergraduate university experience like no ot ... Read More