In today’s competitive business world, IT plays a major role in exploiting commercial potential. Your graduate destination from this programme is likely to be at a management level within an IT department, developing IT systems and servicing the needs of a number of business departments. You may take up a career in IT system development, IT systems analysis, and design or IT network management.
During the first year, you will be introduced to business and computing concepts, tools and techniques, Year 2 covers the development of IT systems for business, analysis, design, and development of web-based solutions, networks, and professional issues in computing.
In the final year, you will concentrate on the strategic role of IT, including critical problems in using IT and the use of IT for innovation and entrepreneurship. You will also undertake a major project that will allow you to simulate the application of IT in a business situation.
Route 1: Entry to Year 1
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of O-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Recognised Matriculation or foundation with CGPA 2.0 and credit in Mathematics at SPM Level; or
- A qualification that SU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Route 2: Direct Entry to Year 2 Degree
- Successful completion of the relevant APIIT Diploma, or
- Successful completion of the study in another recognized institution with academic credits equivalent to level 4 of an honors degree in a relevant subject
All students must demonstrate that they have met the equivalent of IELTS 6 either through formal English language assessment or through success in a prior study at “A” level or equivalent in English.
Topics you will experience include:
- Business Information Systems & Organisations
- Business Systems Analysis Design & Construction I
- Business Systems Analysis Design & Construction II
- Fundamentals of Computer Hardware and Software
- Learning for Success
- Publishing for the WWW
- Quantitative Tools for Computing
- Software Development
- Applied Research Methods & Professional Development
- Developing Server Applications
- Electronic Commerce
- Information Systems Organisations and Management
- Marketing Principles
- Networked Computer Systems
- Object-Oriented Methods
- Relational Database Systems Development
- Applied Communications Technology
- Applied Information Technology Project: Project Management and Communication
- Applied Information Technology Project: Research, Development and Artefact I
- Applied Information Technology Project: Research, Development and Artefact II
- Developing E-Commerce Applications with XML
- Group/Residential Case Study
- Information Systems Strategy
- Interactive and E-Marketing
The graduate destination is likely to be within an IT department, developing IT systems and servicing the IT needs of a number of business departments such as finance, marketing or human resources. The graduate may take up a career in IT system development, IT systems analysis, and design or IT network management.
About the School
The Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology offers a range of programmes which are designed to produce highly employable graduates, by providing our students with an internationally benchmark ... Read More