The Department of Management and International Business offers:
- a major - B.S.B.A. in Management
- The management minor and supply chain track
- an MBA at the graduate level
The university and its Zeigler College of Business offer degree programs accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Zeigler College of Business was granted accreditation by AACSB at both the undergrad and MBA levels. The program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Management and International Business Mission
The Department of Management and International Business provides undergraduate and graduate students majoring and minoring in business with management education that enhances their career potential. With an emphasis on teaching, advising, continuous improvement in the curriculum and applied research activity, we prepare our graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the public and private sectors.
- To provide students with a balanced academic background that includes liberal arts education in the areas of oral and written communication, quantitative and analytical reasoning, values and ethics, fitness and recreation, humanities, social and behavior sciences, and natural sciences.
- To provide students with core competencies and integrated knowledge in the functional areas of business: financial/accounting, marketing, human resources, informational technology, legal environment and manufacturing/operation.
- To develop students' specialized skills and knowledge of the functions, theories, principles, concepts, and issues germane to the practice of management through grounding in the following major subdisciplines: organizational behavior, production and operations, managerial communication, human resource management, ethics and social responsibility, international management, and strategy.
- To enhance students' decision-making and leadership skills by developing their abilities to think critically and creatively.
- To prepare students to respond to the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment that is globally and domestically diverse, highly competitive and stakeholder sensitive, with competence and integrity.
- To provide students with career guidance through superior advisement for timely graduation with a highly marketable degree in management.
- To provide students with a broad range of professional, leadership and entrepreneurial experiences that can afford them the opportunity to apply management principles, theories, and techniques.
Planning a campus visit?
Bloomsburg's open house programs include sessions with departments to meet and learn about program specifics from department representatives. If you're planning a visit on your own, you can arrange a personal meeting with a professor to ask questions and get detailed information about our program and the Zeigler College of Business. Contact our department to schedule an appointment.
» Major Requirements
» Recommended Course Sequence Sheet
» Management Electives
» HR Minor Requirements
» Management Minor Requirements
» Internship Requirements
Supply Chain Management Track
» About Supply Chain Management Track
» Supply Chain Management Track Requirements
» Supply Chain Management Advising Spreadsheet