Siena College’s business major is a flexible, multidisciplinary program that allows students to customize the curriculum based on their individual interests and career goals.
Students in the business major first experience our business core courses and, after sampling a variety of subjects, choose two concentrations anytime before their junior year. They graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business and two concentrations listed on their transcript.
The 20 concentrations include:
- International Business
- Business Analytics
- Accounting Theory and Foundations
- Corporate Accounting and Internal Controls
- Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- Foundations of Economics
- Real World Economics
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Investment Fundamentals
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Strategic Human Resource Development
- Ethical Leadership in a Global Environment
- Not-For-Profit Consulting
- Strategic Communication
- Market Research and Analytics
- Sales and Business to Business Marketing
- Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing
- Sports and Services Marketing
- Customization. Students are able to choose concentrations that are most appealing to them.
- Choices. Students have the flexibility to choose courses of study and combinations of concentrations that meet their unique needs and desires, as compared to choosing from a handful of majors.
- Marketability. The concentrations offered are current, relevant and valuable in today's marketplace and make our students' resumes to stand out.
- Interdisciplinary. Students from the Schools of Liberal Arts and Science can expand their educational experience by completing a concentration from the business major.
Pre-Business Foundation and Skills (12 credit and 5 courses)
In addition to the courses listed below, students must also choose two business concentrations (15 credits each).
- ECON101 - Principles of Economics, Micro 3 credits
- ECON102 - Principles of Economics, Macro 3 credits
- QBUS100 - Math for Decision Making I 3 credits
- QBUS110 - Math for Decision Making II 3 credits
One of the following:
- CSIS010 - Intro to Computer Applications 3 credits
- CSIS011 - Prob Solving With Spreadsheets 1 credit
- CSISSSX - Spreadsheet Exam 0 credits
Business Core (31.000 credits and 10 courses)
- ACCT200 - Financial Accounting 3 credits
- ACCT205 - Managerial Accounting 3 credits
- BLAW200 - Legal Environment of Business 3 credits
- BUDV450 - Organizational Strategy 3 credits
- CSIS114 - Management Information Systems 3 credits
- FINC301 - Managerial Finance I 3 credits
- MGMT211 - Management 3 credits
- MRKT212 - Marketing 3 credits
- QBUS200 - Business Statistics I 4 credits
- MGMT300 - Operations Management 3 credits
See 28 more programs offered by Siena College »
This course is