The U.N.C.W. international business option is designed for students seeking career opportunities in internationally focused organizations or those students pursuing an extended or permanent work experience abroad.
In addition to the core prerequisites required by the Cameron School of Business, students must complete 21 hours of courses including:
- MGT 352 - International Management
- OPS 377 - International Operations Management
- ECN 426 - International Trade and Finance
- FIN 439 - Multinational Financial Management
- MKT 422 - International Marketing
Students must demonstrate (by examination) proficiency in a language other than their native language. A study abroad experience with prior approval by the program director is required. The Competency Exams for Business Students are administered by the Department of World Languages and Cultures at U.N.C.W. Students must select two elective courses, in consultation with their advisor and C.S.B. student services.
Undergraduate Learning Goals
1. Our students will be able to integrate discipline-specific knowledge across functional areas and utilize leadership and team skills to accomplish group tasks.
2. Our students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills through problem identification, analysis and synthesis of data, evaluation of alternatives, and defense of a solution.
3. Our students will be able to conceptualize a complex issue into a coherent written statement and oral presentation, demonstrated with the effective use of technology.
4. Our students will understand the importance of social responsibility, diversity, ethics and legal issues.
5. Our students will demonstrate an understanding of global business practices that embraces the opportunities of multicultural, diverse environments, as they relate to local, national and global operations.
Study Abroad Opportunities/Internships
Students are offered many overseas opportunities with partner institutions that provide a safe, friendly campus, and exceptional academic quality. Partner schools are located in Australia, Brazil, England, France, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, and Turkey. Summer programs are available worldwide and are provided annually in France, Germany, UK, and Spain. Students are encouraged to study for a semester or a year in business schools throughout the world without losing time toward degree completion. The International Business Program strongly encourages students to pursue an internship during their course of study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 18, 2017