BA (Hons) in Business Management from University of Wolverhampton
Bachelor courses in Dubai
Awarded by the second most employable University in UK
This course is designed for students wishing to embark on a professional career in business and management. It will help you develop analysis and evaluation skills which can be applied to real-world situations. You will develop your knowledge and understanding of the various functional areas of business, including management, marketing, human resources, finance and operations management within a global context. You will also be equipped with the skills required to be successful in business, such as entrepreneurship, digital literacy, collaborative working and communication skills. H.N.D. Business is a widely-recognized and highly-valued business qualification, developing a range of skills that are necessary to pursue a career in business and providing a solid platform for further study in the subject area. In addition to developing a set of key skills valued by employers, the course includes the key business areas of marketing, human resource management, and finance, as well as the operational and planning associated with business decision making. A distinctive feature of the course is that it provides an international focus. Within this international context, students develop their abilities as business practitioners through a range of work-related learning and assessment opportunities. Successful students have the opportunity to distinguish themselves in the labour market, by offering potential employers a highly relevant skill set and contemporary knowledge base. Students wishing to pursue further study will be able to access either the B.A. Business Management Teaching and learning activities are designed to develop student's knowledge, understanding, and skills for success in a variety of administrative and management positions in business. The lessons are practical and interactive, focusing on how business theory applies in the contemporary workplace. A continuous assessment process by assignment is used, typically two per module. The type of assignment will vary - to include a mix of formal report, group or individual presentations, display, or timed test. However there will be no closed book examinations.
Edexcel is an awarding body from UK approved by the UK government academic regulatory bodies and the qualification issued by them falls under Q.C.F. (qualification credit framework) and it is internationally recognized. Edexcel was formed in 1996 by the merger of the Business & Technology Education Council (B.T.E.C.), the country's leading provider of vocational qualifications, and the University of London Examinations & Assessment Council (U.L.E.A.C.), one of the major exam boards for G.C.S.E.s and A levels. The history of these separate bodies can be traced back to 1836 when a royal charter gave the University of London limited functions of conducting exams and conferring degrees. The University introduced school exams in 1905. Edexcel is part of Pearson, the world's largest education business and the owner of the F.T. and Penguin. Edexcel is the UK's largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally.
- Qualification: Higher National Diploma in Business (Management)
- Duration: 18 months Morning/Evening/Online batches
- Delivery Format: Semester format
- Intake: Rolling Intake
- Onsite Campus: UAE
- Online: Offered
- Part-time: Offered
The standard entry requirements are as follows:
- An A Level pass or equivalent
- Applicants whose educational qualifications do not meet the standard entry requirements but have at least 2 years full-time work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Mandatory core units – All eight units must be taken
1. Business Environment (Unit level: 4, 15 Unit credit) 2. Managing Financial Resources and Decisions (Unit level: 4, 15 Unit credit) 3. Organizations and Behavior (Unit level: 4, 15 Unit credit) 4. Marketing Principles (Unit level: 4, 15 Unit credit) 5. Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business (Unit level: 4, 15 Unit credit) 6. Business Decision Making (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 7. Business Strategy (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 8. Research Project (Unit level: 5, 20 Unit credit) 9. Personal and Professional Development (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 10. Working with and Leading People (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 11. Quality Management in Business (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 12. Small Business Enterprise (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 13. Operations Management in Business (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 14. Contemporary Issues in Marketing Management (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 15. Project Management for Business (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit) 16. Employability Skills (Unit level: 5, 15 Unit credit)