Through a B.A. in Early Childhood Education, students will:
- Develop knowledge in educating children from birth to 8 years old
- Understand program models and designs
- Develop pedagogical competencies for teaching young children
- Become familiar with NAEYC, its principles, guidelines, and ethics
Northeastern is an entitled institution for the Gateways to Opportunity ECE Credential Levels 2, 3, 4, and 5. The entitlement, which runs through 2023, means that students have the opportunity to qualify for Illinois state-recognized credentials as they take courses or complete their degree.
The program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Upon completion of the B.A. in Early Childhood Education, students will meet the current State of Illinois standards for Early Childhood Education licensure to teach in Illinois.
The B.A. in Early Childhood Education prepares you for careers such as:
- Preschool Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Teacher Assistant
- Early Childhood Recreational Administrators
About the School
Northeastern’s diverse academic offerings, student population and learning opportunities are just a few of the reasons NEIU is a unique and vibrant place to earn a degree. Our mission, vision, values ... Read More