Route 1: Entry to Year 1
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of O-Level or equivalent; or
- Recognised Matriculation or foundation with CGPA 2.0 at SPM Level; or
- A qualification that APIIT accepts as equivalent to the above.
- A Portfolio of Art & Design work which can include:
- Sketch work and finished drawings
- Photographs of models or other 3D works Art, illustration, photography etc.
- Examples of your computer skills
- Please bring in sketch ideas for a “new personal transportation device”.
Route 2: Entry to year 2
- Successful completion of the relevant APIIT Diploma, or
- Successful completion of the study in another recognized institution with academic credits equivalent to the first year of an honors degree in relevant subjects
All students must demonstrate that they have met the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 either through formal English language assessment or through success in a prior study at “A” level or equivalent in English.
Topics you will experience include:
- Core Skills I
- Core Skills II
- Course Introduction I
- Course Introduction II
- Design Technologies - Surface Modelling
- Industrial Design: History and Context
- Industrial Design: Style & Substance
- Trends and Visual Thinking
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Advanced Design Technologies (Surface)
- Automotive Modelling
- Automotive Presentation Skills
- Digital Clay
- Ergonomics & Design
- Lighting Concepts
- Transport Design Concepts
- Transport Technology
- Design Futures for Product and Transport Design
- Design Project Context
- Digital Styling Project 1
- Digital Styling Project 2
- Professional Project 1
- Professional Project 2
In addition to the above, all students are required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
During the programme, we carefully introduce you to the key attributes of entrepreneurship, enterprise, and employability. This gives you a real insight into what is required in industry and gives you important networking opportunities. Alongside this, live projects and visiting lecturers further reinforce this.
In the final year, during our Design Futures project, you will improve your self-promotion skills, refine your portfolio and have a mock interview with an industry recruitment consultant. This will make you interview ready and prepare you well for the challenges ahead. Further, we also support you after graduation, with job-seeking assistance. We want you to succeed, and encourage graduates to visit and use our social networking sites for peer support.
About the School
The Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology offers a range of programmes which are designed to produce highly employable graduates, by providing our students with an internationally benchmark ... Read More