The courses in BA in English program have been offered to keep pace with the liberal arts approach; they are supplemented by along with interdisciplinary electives and major courses. It has the following Majors: Linguistics & TESOL and Literature.
Major in Linguistics and TESOL aims at developing students’ expertise and skills in the area of Applied Linguistics so that they may be building their careers as language teachers, teacher-trainers, translators, administrators, or in some other fields where knowledge of linguistic issues is important. Major in Literature acquaints students with British, American, and South Asian English literature (including the translated literature from prominent literary works in other languages) as well as their cultural and historical contexts.
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 in SSC/equivalent and HSC/equivalent separately (including additional subject).
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in O-Levels in five subjects and A Levels in two subjects according to Canadian University of Bangladesh scale (A=5, B=4, C=3, and D=2). Subjects with E Grade will not be considered.
- Candidates who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different from SSC & HSC or O & A Levels will have to get the approval of the Admission Committee of the University.
- Candidates who have finished school abroad have to submit verified/attested copies of previous academic documents from their institute/Foreign Ministry & Equivalence Certificate from Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board, Dhaka.
- Candidates with less than 60% marks in English, at his/her admission test, will be required to complete English Fundamental course at the start of the semester.
The structure of BA in English program is presented in the table below:
A student may also be required to take non-credit, remedial courses in English to make up his/her deficiency.
About the School
Canadian University of Bangladesh (CUB) is a new university. Yes it is newly established (January, 2016), but it is also a totally new breed of university, too. What makes Canadian University unique? ... Read More