Official Degree: Degree in Audiovisual Communication
Duration / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
Places / Campus: 75 / Moncada - Alfara
Taught in: Spanish
- OC1- Ability to adapt to technological, business or organizational organization changes.
- OC2- Ability to work in a team and communicate their ideas through the creation of an enabling environment, as well as the ability to integrate into a common project aimed at obtaining results.
- OC3- Ability to assume expressive and thematic risks within the framework of the availability and deadlines of audiovisual production, applying solutions and personal points of view in the development of projects.
- OC4- Ability to succeed when choosing in situations of uncertainty, assuming responsibilities.
- OC5- Systematic practice of critical self-evaluation of results: assessment of the importance of constantly correcting and adjusting the mistakes made in the creative or organizational processes of audiovisual productions.
- OC6- Ability for the organization of tasks, performing them in an orderly manner by logically adopting the priority decisions in the different audiovisual production processes.
- OC7- Solidarity respect for the different people and peoples of the planet, as well as knowledge of the great cultural currents in relation to individual and collective values and respect for human rights.
- CD1- Knowledge of the history and evolution of photography, cinema, radio and television through its aesthetic and industrial proposals, in addition to its social and cultural relevance over time. At the same time, relating the technological and industrial evolution with the audiovisual language and taking into account the theoretical and practical concepts of the visual and auditory representations, the communication and transmission systems of concepts and their realities, as well as the basic symbolic and cultural values that favor a correct interpretation and analysis of the signs or codes of the image in all its extension.
- CD2- Knowledge and application of audiovisual production and dissemination techniques and processes in its various phases, from the point of view of the organization and management of technical, human and budgetary resources in its various media (cinema, TV, video, multimedia , etc.), until its commercialization.
- CD3- Theoretical-practical knowledge of organizational structures in the field of visual and sound communication, as well as their evolution and management over time, including audiovisual taxation. It also includes knowledge and investigation of the nature and interrelations between the subjects of audiovisual communication: authors, institutions, companies, media, media and receivers.
- CD4- Knowledge and application of the techniques and processes of audiovisual creation and diffusion in its various phases, both in the cinema and on television, video and multimedia from the point of view of the staging from the initial idea to its final finish.
- CD5- Knowledge of professional ethics and deontology as well as the legal ordering of information, which affects both professional practice and the communicator's work.
- CD6- Knowledge of the state of the world, as well as its recent historical evolution in particular of European, Mediterranean, American and Asian societies, in addition to understanding its basic parameters (political, economic and cultural).
- CD7- Knowledge of the correct oral and written use of Spanish and / or Valencian as a form of professional expression in the media.
- CD8- Knowledge of other foreign languages (in particular those of greater international diffusion) to be able to analyze facts and general issues that are usually addressed in the international media.
- CD9- Knowledge and application of the different mechanisms and elements of the construction of the script according to different formats, technologies and production supports. It also includes theoretical and practical knowledge of the analysis, systematization and coding of iconic content and audiovisual information in different media and technologies.
- CD10- Knowledge, identification and application of resources, elements, methods and procedures of the construction processes and analysis of both linear and nonlinear audiovisual stories, including the design, establishment and development of strategies, as well as the applications of the policies of persuasive communication in the audiovisual markets.
- CD11- Theoretical-practical knowledge and application of the technologies applied to audiovisual media (photography, radio, sound, television, video, cinema, and multimedia media).
- CD12- Theoretical-practical knowledge of the legislative mechanisms of influence in the audiovisual or communication, as well as the legal regime of its application in audiovisual productions. Also including knowledge of ethical principles and ethical standards of audiovisual communication.
- CD13- Knowledge of the spatial image and the iconic representations in space, both in the fixed and audiovisual image, as well as the constituent elements of the artistic direction. This knowledge also covers the relationships between images and sounds from the aesthetic and narrative point of view in the different media and audiovisual technologies. Also included are the knowledge of psychological models specifically developed for visual communication and persuasion through image.
- CD14- Knowledge of sound planning and acoustic representations of space, as well as the constituent elements of design and sound decoration (“sound designer”). This knowledge will also cover the relationship between sounds and images from the aesthetic and narrative point of view in the different media and audiovisual technologies. Also included are psychological models specifically developed for sound communication and persuasion through sound.
- CD15- Knowledge of the conditions and limits that the advertising system imposes on the function of the audiovisual producer.
- CD16- Knowledge of the market society and of the economic models that govern the activity of audiovisual productions and companies.
- CD17- Identification of moral problems that generally affect social communication within the framework of interpretation and analysis of the Social Doctrine of the Church.
- CD18- Knowledge of the social environment in Spain and the Hispanic world and its historical sequencing.
- CD19- Recognition of the specificity and differences of the main contemporary political systems in the analytical context of the Social Doctrine of the Church.
- CD20- Knowledge of literary trends and movements and of the intertextuality between literature and cinema, radio and television and understanding of the differential variables by virtue of their different expressive codes.
- CD21- Knowledge of the different audiovisual genres.
- CP1- Ability and ability to plan and manage human, budgetary and technical resources, in the various phases of the production of a cinematographic or videographic account.
- CP2- Ability to create and direct the integral staging of cinematographic and videographic audiovisual productions, taking responsibility for the direction of actors and adjusting to the script, work plan or previous budget.
- CP3- Ability to plan and manage technical and human resources in mono-camera and multi-camera TV productions, as well as the techniques and processes of creation and realization in the different phases of television production.
- CP4- Ability and ability to manage production, recording and dissemination techniques and processes in the organization of radio, record and other sound products.
- CP5- Capacity and use of techniques and processes in the organization of photographic production, as well as the techniques and processes of creation in the field of the fixed image in general in both analog and digital environments.
- CP6- Ability to use the techniques and processes in the organization and creation in the various phases of the construction of multimedia production and interactive materials.
- CP7- Ability to apply techniques and procedures for the composition of the image to the different audiovisual media, based on knowledge of the classical laws and the aesthetic and cultural movements of the history of the image through new information technologies.
- CP8- Ability to develop measurements related to the amount of light and color quality during the image construction process, based on theoretical and practical knowledge of the scientific foundations of optics.
- CP9- Ability to develop measurements related to the quantities and qualities of sound during the audio construction process, based on theoretical and practical knowledge of the scientific fundamentals of acoustics.
- CP10- Ability to write fluently, texts, scalettes or scripts in the fields of film, television, videographic, radio or multimedia fiction.
- CP11- Ability to analyze audiovisual stories, taking into account the basic parameters of the analysis of audiovisual works, considering the iconic messages as texts and products of the socio-political and cultural conditions of a given historical era.
- CP12- Ability to identify the processes and techniques involved in the management and management of audiovisual companies in their industrial structure: production, distribution and exhibition, as well as interpret statistical data from the audiovisual market. This competition includes the management and organization of human teams for existing audiovisual production.
- CP13- Ability to apply processes and techniques involved in the organization and management of technical resources in any of the existing sound and visual supports.
- CP14- Ability to apply techniques and processes of creation and dissemination in the field of graphic design in its various phases, from a theoretical and practical perspective.
- CP15- Ability to apply techniques and processes of creation and technical or human resources necessary for the design of integral production of an audiovisual work from the scenographic elements and the brand image to its graphic marketing project.
- CP16- Ability to apply techniques and production processes in the organization of cultural events, by planning the human and technical resources involved, adjusting to a previous budget.
- CP17- Ability to search, select and systematize any type of audiovisual document in a database, as well as its use in different audiovisual media using digital methods.
- CP18- Ability to apply principles and functions of visual identity for the creation of a manual of standards for the corporate visual identity of a given company.
- CP19- Ability to carry out the analysis of the structures, contents and styles of television and radio programming as well as the different influential variables in their configuration and both communicative and spectacular processes generated by them.
- CP20- Ability to perform the technical management of sound and visual materials according to an idea using the narrative and technological techniques necessary for the preparation, composition, finishing and mastering of different audiovisual and multimedia products.
- CP21- Ability to design and conceive the aesthetic and technical presentation of the staging through natural or artificial light and acoustic sources based on the creative and expressive characteristics proposed by the director of the audiovisual project.
- CP22- Ability to record sound signals from any sound source: acoustic or electronic; digital or analogue and to mix these materials with a determined intentionality taking into account the levels, effects and planes of the final mastered mixture.
- CP23- Ability to recreate the sound environment of an audiovisual or multimedia production according to the intention of the text and the narration through the use of soundtrack, sound effects and soundtrack.
- CA1- Knowledge about theories, methods and problems of audiovisual communication and their languages that serve as support for their activity, depending on the requirements established as disciplinary knowledge and professional skills.
- CA2- Ability for the appropriate use of technological tools in the different phases of the audiovisual process so that students express themselves through images or audiovisual speeches with the essential technical quality.
- CA3- Ability to adequately expose the results of the investigation orally or by audiovisual or computer means according to the canons of the communication disciplines.
- CA4- Ability to define innovative research or personal creation topics that may contribute to the knowledge or development of audiovisual languages or their interpretation.
- CA5- Ability to join and adapt to a professional audiovisual team, making their own interests and those of the collective project in which they are incorporated compatible and even synergistic.
- CA6- Ability to critically perceive the new visual and auditory landscape offered by the communicative universe that surrounds us, considering the iconic messages as the result of a specific society, product of the socio-political and cultural conditions of a given historical era.
- CA7- Ability to assume leadership in projects that require human resources and any other nature, managing them efficiently, assuming the principles of social responsibility.
- CA8- Ability for the critical and reflexive analysis of the main documents of the contemporary Magisterium of the Church referring to the phenomenon of social communication.
- CA9- Ability to analyze the main aspects related to economic relations based on the great historical texts of the Social Magisterium of the Church.
- CA10- Ability to analyze the primary and secondary sources of the historical fact.
- CA11- Discernment of the Hispanic peculiarity in the western context.
The work of the Graduates in Audiovisual Communication can be carried out in the following areas of professional practice:
- Advertising agencies
- Communication companies
- Recording studios
- New technologies
- Audiovisual Production Companies
The different professional profiles of a Degree in Audiovisual Communication are:
- Press Departments
- Advertising agency address
- Management of communication companies
- Production Management
- Art director
- Casting director
- Production designer
- Special effects in movies and tv series
- Photography and photography direction
- Communication cabinets
- Researcher in a / v communication and social communication
- Equipment operator
- Story board preparation and design
- TV and radio programmer
- Costumes, styling
- Audiovisual event production design
- Multimedia Creator
That makes us different?
1.The experience and career
The studies in the area of communication at CEU University have started more than 30 years ago. We are backed by several decades of training communicators committed to their profession.
2.The vanguard in the facilities
Our university offers you the most professional resources and resources. You can test your creativity through the different challenges offered by the degree, either inside or outside the classroom. You have at your disposal the Audiovisual and Multimedia Production Center, where you can practice your new knowledge in a digital newspaper or on a radio or television producer, also participate in professional advertising competitions and a festival of audiovisual short films, and even produce your own pieces through the Creators Program.
3. Oriented towards the new employability
We offer you the possibility of pursuing your Own Degree in Communication and Political Marketing. You will increase your skills in public speaking and political discourse in our television sets, in political marketing tools and in electoral campaign planning. The plus in Professional Tools: during the degree you will study most of the subjects based on computer tools of the profession. But not only will you finish the degree knowing how to handle them, you will also take the competences endorsed by means of certificates: Certificate in Graphic and Web Design (127 hours: Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, Dreamweaver, Flash) and Certificate in Audiovisual Assembly (222 hours: Avid , Protools, After Effects, Movie Magic Scheduling).
4. The international dimension
Free complementary training in English from first to fourth to improve the level of departure. Opportunities for international internships (such as the EFE Agency in Paris, Lisbon, Geneva or Athens, or European producers such as Jelly Fish Pictures in London). One of the best international experiences for our communication students are the IPs (International Programs).
5. Double degrees of the specialist in double degrees
You can study at the same time two university courses with compatible schedules, with all the classrooms in the same facilities and, of course, without paying twice as much. So are the double degrees of the University specialist in double degrees.
- Audiovisual Communication Journalism
- Audiovisual Communication Advertising and Public Relations
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More