- Degree awarded: Engineer in Agroecology
- Training level: University
- Methodology: On-site
- Duration of the program: 10 SEMESTERS
- Credits: 162
- Registration fee 2019 $ 2,943,500
* The General Administrative and Financial Council of Uniminuto sets the fees to be charged for tuition and subsidies for all academic programs, in accordance with the socio-economic contexts where the institution is present, therefore the tuition and subsidy values will present differences between venues and academic programs (Agreement 112 and 113 of 2018 and 114 of 2019).
- Snies: 8903
- Knowledge area: Agronomy, Veterinary and Related
- Academic Unit: Engineering
- Academic quality: High Quality Accreditation
- Qualified Registry Number: Resolution No. 4114 of March 13, 2018 - Valid 7 years
Presentation of the program
The Agroecological Engineering program promotes social transformation and sustainable development in agrarian and rural communities, which have greater potential to reduce socio-economic gaps and contribute to the improvement of the national environmental crisis, which makes it highly innovative in breaking paradigms of Conventional agricultural science programs in aspects such as:
- Work with communities through the use of participatory methodologies that promote the dialogue of knowledge, the characterization of problems and the design and implementation of successful solutions.
- The motivation of the development of ecological economies and integral sustainability, where ecological efficiency, social impact and economic sustainability prevail.
- The promotion of endogenous development, decentralized work, local processes, territorial approach.
- The promotion of ethical exercises in the administration of power (responsible citizenship), at the individual, social, economic, ecological, cultural and political levels.
- The development of intercultural work with diverse institutions, as the maximum stage for learning and advocacy.
Resolution No. 4114 of March 13, 2018 - Valid 7 years
Program with High Quality Accreditation according to resolution 16817 of August 19, 2016 - Validity 4 years
Resol. of Correction No. 12751 of 06/08/2018
Profile of the applicant
The Agroecological Engineering program will be aimed at people with an interest in Agricultural Sciences training, from the rural and urban areas, who demonstrate basic knowledge in the areas of Critical Reading, Natural Sciences, Social Science, Citizenship and Mathematics.
- Disciplined, autonomous, committed, responsible and ethical in the processes that are undertaken.
- Critical, be interested in researching, developing, learning.
- To have the attitude in the accomplishment of work in equipment and in rural and urban spaces.
- Collaborator, proactive and entrepreneur.
- Conscious and responsible for their citizenship and supportive of the needs of their context.
- Interest in the importance of sustainable environmental and agrarian issues.
- Know the properties of matter and energy at a basic level.
- Basic understanding of numerical, geometric, measurement and arithmetic systems
The Agroecology Engineer, graduate of the program is able to apply, integrate and generate knowledge in sustainable agricultural production, which is evident in the capacity to meet the challenges of agriculture, through the expansion and consolidation of a sustainable agriculture, from the scenarios of natural resource management, agro-ecological production and the development of alternative mechanisms of exchange and consumption.
Upon completion of its training process in Uniminuto , and within the framework of our educational model, the graduate of the Agroecological Engineering program will be able to:
- It develops the corporal, ethical, affective, communicative, aesthetic and political dimensions.
- It is oriented towards the realization and appropriation of the life project, in coherence with its professional entity and a desired social project.
- Contributes to the strengthening of relationships with others.
- Develop an ethical and aesthetic vision of the world that promotes respect for human rights.
- Contributes to creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Diagnoses and plans in a participatory manner, the implementation of agroecosystems and agri-food systems, through the application and / or development of technologies for sustainability.
- Applies strategies for knowledge, protection, recovery and use of biodiversity, agrobiodiversity and ecosystem services, promoting sustainable agriculture and alternative mechanisms of social organization, exchange and consumption.
- Recognize and analyze social realities.
- Ability to question reality, be critical and argumentative in the face of social complexity.
- Acquisition of theoretical and methodological tools to interact appropriately with the communities.
- Analyze, participate and contribute to the transformation of local, regional and national reality.
- Articulates the relationships between human being, nature and technologies.
- It is involved as a citizen and as a professional in community development and in the construction of a democratic society, with a preferential option for service to the poorest
- Fill out the registration form.
- Attach the result of the State test for access to Higher Education.
- Attach a photocopy of the identity document (citizenship card, identity card, passport, corresponding visa, immigration card or the valid document that proves that it is in process).
- Attach a photocopy of the Degree Certificate as a bachelor.
- Attach receipt of payment of registration fees.
Scholarships, subsidies and discounts
Uniminuto has established a series of agreements at the inter-institutional level, to achieve the continuity of the academic process of the students and for this, it has the support of the following entities:
- Outsourcing Bussines Company SA (Colfondos)
- District Secretariat of Social Integration
- ATLAS Group
- Bogotá legal status
- Acosta Restrepo Brothers Foundation
- Solidarity Foundation for Colombia
- Andean Center for Technical Studies LTDA.
- Agrarian Bank of Colombia
- Cooperativa Multiactiva Crucial DC
- Sodimac Colombia SA
About the School
El Sistema Universitario UNIMINUTO, inspirado en el Evangelio, el pensamiento social de la Iglesia, la espiritualidad Eudista y el carisma del Minuto de Dios, tiene como propósito: Ofrecer educación s ... Read More