Wisconsin Lutheran College is a four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. It is located in Milwaukee. The college has a two-semester academic year and awards the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and Master of Arts degrees with liberal arts and professional majors and several pre-professional programs.
At Wisconsin Lutheran College, you’ll not only have small class sizes and a variety of academic options, you’ll also have the opportunity to work side-by-side with professors doing groundbreaking heart disease research, teach in local schools as early as freshman year, travel to Zambia for a nursing clinical, take a British literature course in England, or conduct marine biology research in Grenada.
Receive a well-rounded liberal arts education and take advantage of robust internship opportunities that make you adaptable and marketable in ever-changing job markets, and equip you for successful career or graduate school endeavors. Those are just a few reasons why WLC may be the perfect college for you.
- Majors are regularly updated to keep up with the changing world.
- Faculty members are experts in their field, bringing real-world experience into the classroom.
- Class sizes are small, allowing for one-on-one mentoring bynationally rankedfaculty.
- Students are also solidly prepared for graduate school. Our alumni say that their graduate classes are often extensions of courses taken at WLC. It’s not uncommon for faculty and students to work collaboratively - some students even publish their work in academic journals or present their findings at professional conferences.
2015-2016 Undergraduate Fast Facts
- Total enrollment: 1,188
- Undergraduate student-faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average undergraduate class size: 16
- Undergraduate student demographics:31 states andeight foreign countries
- Percent of resident undergraduate students: 68%
- Undergraduate student population: 93% are 18-22 years old
- Freshman profile: 3.43 average high school GPA and 24 average ACT
- Financial assistance: 99% of full-time traditional undergraduate students are awarded financial aid.
- Co-curricular activities: member of NCAA Division III and Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference; 18 varsity sports; intramural and club sports; concert band and six ensembles; three choirs; 40+ clubs and organizations.
One of the most rewarding experiences you can have during your college career is studying abroad. Living in another country, meeting people with diverse backgrounds from all over the world, and immersing yourself in a new culture will change you in positive, unexpected ways. Students who study abroad at WLC do so through an agency or a faculty-led academic experience. All courses taken through study abroad agencies at international institutions will be pre-approved for transfer back to WLC.
This school offers programs in: