WELCOME TO UNIVERSITY OF THE POTOMAC
University of the Potomac (formerly Potomac College) was founded in 1991 and offers Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, and Master’s degree programs. The educational philosophy of University of the Potomac is to address the needs and learning styles of a diverse community of learners through the structure of its academic programs that integrate classroom theory and relevant practical experience.
University of the Potomac offers a vibrant multicultural atmosphere located in the heart of the United States of America capital, Washington, D.C., headquarters to Government Organizations, Non-Profit Organizations, International Organizations, and Embassies from across the globe.
Potomac has a multidisciplinary professors spanning the Washington, D.C. international and local business community, including the World Bank, Peace Corps, D.C. Government, Verizon, Dell, Lockheed Martin, AOL and Oracle, to name few.
The main campus of University of the Potomac is located at 1401 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005 and the Branch campus is located in Northern Virginia at 2070 Chain Bridge Rd, Vienna, VA, 22182. All programs are available online, too.
University of the Potomac is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267) 284-5000. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Accreditation helps serve as a quality assurance to students. Our accrediting body also accredits other notable schools, such as Princeton, New York University, Georgetown University, Columbia University etc.
Why University of the Potomac?
- Smaller class size – more individualized attention MSCHE Accredited University
- Flexible schedule – day, evening and weekend classes
- Location convenience - Northern Virginia campus, Washington, D.C. campus, and online learning
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) & Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) – U.S. internships authorization
- Washington, D.C. has Consulates and Embassies from your country
- Transportation convenience - three airports close to both of our campuses & various means of public transportation: Metro (Subway) System, Public Bus System, Taxi, Airport Shuttles, MARC and AMTRAC trains
- Numerous Free Museums, Monuments and Zoological (ZOO) Park such as Spy Museum, National Geographic Museum, National Air and Space Museum, White House, Lincoln Memorial, etc.
- Enjoy the famous Cherry Blossom Festival in Spring
- Kayak on the Potomac River or attend a baseball game at the Nationals Park Stadium
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of many outdoors summer festivals, fairs, and jazz concerts
- Do a weekend trip by intercity bus to New York City – bus tickets as low as $20
This school offers programs in: