Our courses are designed to be not only relevant to the needs of industry and the professions, but also engaging and stimulating with the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills.
- Our Department of Vision and Hearing Sciences has a long-established relationship with some of the UK's largest retail opticians, including Specsavers, Boots and Vision Express, providing our students opportunities for work-based learning.
- Our Lord Ashcroft International Business School has developed a course with Barclays Bank Plc. On this course, which is also being offered more widely as a talent recruitment and staff development solution for other businesses, students are work-based, sponsored and salaried for all 3 years of their course.
- Our Biomedical Science course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science and out Forensic Science pathways have recently been accredited by The Forensic Science Society.
- Our MA Film and TV Production has established links with 4Rights, Channel 4 television's commercial arm and talks and seminars are provided by members of Channel 4's Commissioning and Business staff. Our students have the opportunity to pitch to 4Rights, Channel 4's commercial arm, and 4Rights may make development funds available to students whose work justifies investment.
- Our Legal Practice Course was the first in the country to receive Skillsmark accreditation and was awarded a Grade 1 - the top award of 4 possible grades - consolidating our reputation as a provider of top quality, work-based learning. Skillsmark was established by Skills for Justice, the Sector Skills Council which covers all employers, employees and volunteers working in the UK justice system, as part of its mission to link learning to reputable and valued qualifications.
We've over 30,000 students, and are one of the largest universities in the East of England
We supply many of the region's teachers, nurses, midwives and social workers and are the largest provider of undergraduate courses in subjects allied to Medicine.
We're the largest undergraduate provider in the subject area of Architecture, Building and Planning.
We're the largest undergraduate provider for Mass Communication and Documentation.