FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE TIMIȘOARA
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Timișoara is part of the Banat’s University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “King Michael I of Romania” from Timișoara.
Our faculty history started once, on 1944 December 31, when Royal Decree No. 660 was published in Monitorul Oficial no. 302, setting up the Western University with seven faculties: Law, Letters and Philosophy, Sciences, Human Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy and Theology.
Because of subjective reasons, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has started its activity only in 1948 in Arad, in a different organizational structure. There it worked until 1957, when also from subjective reasons, goes into liquidation.
Agitated and painful changes in orientation of agriculture, which proved to be totally wrong, increased livestock and subsequent livestock and agriculture education. Under these conditions, it was set up that in western Romania a Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is necessary. Thus, by the decision of Council of Ministers No. 428 from 23 May 1962 was founded the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, that entering into service from the academic year 1962/1963 inside the Agronomic Institute from Timișoara and it works till now with a single specialization: Veterinary Medicine.
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is a full member of:
- EAEVE (European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education),
- FVE (European Veterinary Federation),
- WVA (World Veterinary Association).
Also, FVM Timișoara participates to ETCS (European Transferable Credit System) and it is EAEVE evaluated.
Now, the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Medicine (EAEVE), in accordance with their Standards and based on the educational requirements of the EC Directive 2005/36, Article 38, established the status of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Timișoara as APPROVED.
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has now:
- 3 auditoriums (amphitheatres) with 345 seats recently upgraded and equipped with wireless Internet, projectors and smart boards;
- 46 laboratories, of which 2 are nationally authorized;
- 5 veterinary clinics;
- one veterinary hospital - hosting opportunities for horses, ruminants and pets;
- veterinary pharmacy;
- one parasitology test van;
- 2 minibuses;
- more than 150 networked computers connected to Internet;
- a new Research Laboratory Complex, with state-of-the-art equipments
- a new facility for horse jumping games.
For students, our University offers 1516 places in 5 new renovated hostels. The fee per one place in the hostel is different depending on the type of student (budgeted or tax paying) and on the comfort of the room.
Also, students can eat at the University’s canteen (breakfast and lunch) with a minimum amount of 18 Lei (4 Euros)/day.
Our University was awarded in the section “Best Campus” at the International Science and Education Competition, Oxford 2014
This school offers programs in: