Bachelor of Arts in Business & Design Management
Design extends into every field. Theoretical and practical knowledge of design and its involvement in development, innovation and communication offers significant advantages for a manager. Under the academic supervision of Pierre Keller, former director of ÉCAL (École Cantonal d’Art de Lausanne), the Design Management program is the first of its kind.
Duration: Six semesters/three years (Summer Fast Track option available)
Start Dates: October, February, June, August
Locations: Barcelona, Geneva, Montreux
Teaching Language: English
Campus Exchange Programs: You can transfer to any of the four main campuses after any completed semester. We also have exchange programs with a long list of other universities around the world.
Dual Degrees: When studying an undergraduate degree at European Business School you can also obtain:
- A second bachelor’s degree from Nichols College in the U.S.A. through our Dual BBA program with Nichols College;
- A second bachelor’s degree from Shinawatra International University in Thailand through our Dual BBA program with SIU.
- Dual Degree with University of Derby (at EU Business School Barcelona and Munich campuses): Students study seven semesters, following an integrated EU-Derby curriculum and obtain a bachelor’s from EU and a BA in International Business in 3 years/7 semesters
Internships: EU has departments in each campus to help students procure internships.
Admission Requirements: Students must be in the final year of completing or already have completed their high school (or equivalent) degree. Students must also have an intermediate English level.
Admission period: On-going throughout the year
This six-semester program will allow students to explore the business side of graphic design, industrial and product design, interaction design, environmental design, fashion design, design copyright, etc. Understand the operation and constraints of the design industry’s technology, materials, and sustainable development.
- Explore the business side of graphic design, industrial and product design, interaction design, environmental design, fashion design, design copyright, etc.
- Understand the operation and constraints of the design industry’s technology, materials, and sustainable development.
Arrange to have a high school leaving certificate or diploma and college transcript(s) sent to the EU Admissions Department. Applicants who do not hold a high school diploma at the time of applying must present an official high school transcript or record for the last year of secondary school study. Transcripts are considered official if they bear an official high school stamp and the signature of the high school Principal. Academic transcripts should include the school’s contact information. Records must list the subjects taken, grades earned or examination results in each subject, and include certificates or diplomas. If the documents are not in English, they must have a certified English translation accompanying them.
MINIMUM ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS
English fluency test results.Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based); International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum 6.0; Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum C; Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) minimum 54; a passing score on the EU English exam or be an English native.
Submit two letters of recommendation from academic advisors familiar with your academic performance and potential for leadership. Any letter not written in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
ESSAY OR VIDEO ESSAY
Write an essay or record a one to two minute video essay, which will help the EU Admissions Committee become acquainted with you, understand your motivation to attend EU, and determine how well you can express yourself.
The essay should be on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about the most challenging team experience you have had to date. What role did you play? What did you learn?
- Please comment on a personal failure that had an impact on your life and what you learned from it.
- What achievement are you most proud of (studies, sports professional life, etc.)?
- If you could imagine an entirely different life from the one you lead, what would you want to be or do?
- Each of us has been influenced by people, events, and situations in our lives. How have such influences shaped who you are today?
- The essay will be evaluated on the basis of clarity, creativity, completeness of response, sentence structure, paragraphing, spelling, grammar and style.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 13, 2016