- Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Language: English
- Starts in: September, February
This attractive four-year study programme is comprehensive and varied and has been developed in consultation with future employers in the work field.
Unique features of this programme:
- Students from over 20 nationalities are studying Media and Entertainment Management;
- Largest Media & Entertainment Management programme in the Netherlands, one of the largest in Europe;
- Excellent practice facilities with an inhouse Stenden-owned media production company;
- Several lecturers are employed in the media industry, guaranteeing an excellent link between business and education;
- There is an urgent need for media professionals in the media and entertainment market due to ongoing developments in both online and offline media;
- The programme is being constantly optimized in consultation with your future employers in the industry;
- Affordable tuition fees compared to many other European countries;
- The study programme includes a paid internship for the duration of 10 months.
After graduating, you will receive a Bachelor of Business Administration in Media & Entertainment Management title.
Excellent job opportunities after graduation
There is an urgent need for media professionals in the media and entertainment business. Ongoing developments in digital technology and new media demands future professionals.
The programme is being constantly upgraded in consultation with your future employers in the industry. This way we ensure that, after graduation, you will find an (inter)national job as easily as possible.
Where can you work?
After your Media & Entertainment Management study, you can eventually work yourself up to supervisory level. You will try several positions to develop yourself and figure out which position and department suit you best.
Examples of positions in the media and entertainment work field are:
- Product Manager
- Executive Producer
- Project Manager
- Sponsor Coordinator
- Multimedia Manager
- Media Planner
- Marketing Manager
- Web Manager
- Magazine Manager
- Event Manager
- Music Manager
The first year - Foundation Phase
During the first year, you will be introduced to the basic principles of media and entertainment. Topics are: studying the market, the role that the media plays and the different types of media. Your management skills are being developed stydying subjects such as principles of management, consumer psychology, marketing, ethics, organizational studies and business economics.
You will obtain practical knowledge by producing four media productions: an audiovisual production, a print media production, a music production and a new media production. You will work in our own media studio. Completely renewed and updated with high-tech media equipment. There's nothing better than learning through practice.
The second year - Main Phase
The second year, the programme will focus on what will be expected from a manager in the media and entertainment industry. These are the financial and operational sides of the media business and use it to manage a media production. You will study the technique of imagineering and use it to create new experiences and trends. Experience marketing, concept development, storytelling and brand management are also included in this part of the programme. Eventually, you will get insight into the complete media management process; from concept to execution.
The third year - Main Phase
In the third year you will focus on the strategic aspects of management. During this year, you will work on a media assignment from an external company. You will take a minor in this year. The minor is your chance to specialise in the subject of your choice. This can be an international minor, such as an exchange programme or Grand Tour.
The fourth year - Graduation Phase
In your graduation year, you will focus on your chosen specialisation or broaden your knowledge in the field of media. You will do a 42-week internship and work for a company in the industry for four days a week. One day a week, you will spend working on your graduate thesis.
The advantage of the internship as final part of your study is the great chance getting a permanent job after your internship.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 3, 2016